Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week my son and i went to Monclova (1300 miles roun trip from Mexico city) and in the return to home we have an accident a 18`wheeler truck lost the control and crash, i brake the car and all the sistems work perfect, brakes, traccion, tires, seat belt, air bags etc
i think that thanks to all these sistems in conjuntion we can save the live.
may be the insurance pay a total lost.
In the crash 5 18`wheelers, 3 cars and 1 light truck was involucrated
My blue boy has only 2500 miles.
sorry for my bad english

·
Registered
34 Posts
Last week my son and i went to Monclova (1300 miles roun trip from Mexico city) and in the return to home we have an accident a 18`wheeler truck lost the control and crash, i brake the car and all the sistems work perfect, brakes, traccion, tires, seat belt, air bags etc
i think that thanks to all these sistems in conjuntion we can save the live.
may be the insurance pay a total lost.
In the crash 5 18`wheelers, 3 cars and 1 light truck was involucrated
My blue boy has only 2500 miles.
sorry for my bad english
I hope you and your son are ok and not injured. Sorry to hear about your car.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Blessings to you and your family ... I will buy my new Focus today and hope to never need the advanced safety features.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Glad to hear the car performed as expected when it came to safety. It's not an IIHS and European safety top pick for nothing! Happy to hear the car kept you guys safe.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
A car is able to be replaced. You and your son are not. It is bad luck but the important thing is you guys are OK. Glad the safety features were there for you!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sorry to hear this! Glad that the safety systems worked as designed.

I am driving so slow with the Focus. Before the Focus, I would drive XX-XX MPH on my way home from work. Now I drive about 58-61 MPH.

Bill

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Sorry to hear this! Glad that the safety systems worked as designed.

I am driving so slow with the Focus. Before the Focus, I would drive XX-XX MPH on my way home from work. Now I drive about 58-61 MPH.

Bill
Same effect on me.. used to do XX on the highway all the time now it's more normal for me to do XX in the Focus. It's not that I don't trust the car, it's solid and very well poised, I guess it's along the thoughts of having no need to go that fast. In the Mazdaspeed 3 I had I guess I had a mindset more in the way of, I have a car that can go fast, why not drive it fast? But now I'm feeling a bit more economical, lol.

EDIT: I know XX and XX aren't that far apart but around here where hwy speed limits are 70, it usually makes the difference between the fast and slow lanes.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If tron was able to walk away from a wreck with an 18-wheeler, it says something for the Focus.
Glad you and the family are okay.
Moon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Que tal Tron62.
Espero que todos esten bien y que solo sea daños materiales...
Una pregunta...adquiriste la aseguranza mas cara?? Esa de la cual si es perdida total te dan otro auto nuevo??
Me da curiosidad saber si es que la aseguranza que maneja Ford no es de las que anda dandole muchas vueltas al problema y no resuelve nada [idea].
Yo adquiri esa poliza debido a que la diferencia con la otra era de aprox 1000 a 1500 pesos.
En fin..espero que esten bien y que no tengas muchos dolores de cabeza con la aseguranza...
Keep us up to date...

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
guys keep in mind we dont allow posting of speeds over the limit unless it is on a track... might want to fix that before we do.

glad to hear the new ones are still holding up just as well. unfortunate, but the best outcome.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Shame it had to come to such an abrupt end at such a young age, buy Your Focus did its' duty by taking s bullet(or in this case, an 18 wheeler) for You.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts