Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

w/ my magic bag
so i found a 05 2.3L ZX5 for a good price but i do not like the front end as much as the 06+ front end, how much would i be looking at to do a swap?
In '06-'07 a sap was a option, front & rear bumpers were different then the standard bumper covers. The rear bumper was a svt w/ a diffuser. They are a bolt on.

Lurking...
so i found a 05 2.3L ZX5 for a good price but i do not like the front end as much as the 06+ front end, how much would i be looking at to do a swap?
As felix said its bolt on but the parts are discontinued you'll be paying ALOT to get everything you need.

w/ my magic bag
As felix said its bolt on but the parts are discontinued you'll be paying ALOT to get everything you need.
I probably should have bought a few of those kits, when I had the chance.

w/ my magic bag
SORRY, its a 2004 ZX5 and i want 2006 fenders, headlamps, hood and front grill on the older focus. not the SAP kit. even though that does look awesome on the red one here in town.
I'd be looking for a svt front bumper & a sap/svt rear bumper,,,,,,,,

Registered
For clarification: would I have to do a complete front end swap to install the wingswest avenger '00-'04 zx3 front bumper cover on my 2005 zx4 ST (mk1.5? Duratec 2.3l)?

Thanks,

Registered
just found a yard with the SAP available...looks like the avenger is going on the trade block :).

Thanks for the reply!

Registered
I hit a cougar on Tuesday night at about 80 KM/H aka 50 Miles per hour, totally destroyed the passengers side fender, headlight and hood not to mention the bumper cover, I'll be bolting on a new set from the auto wrecker, I'll be sure to take some photographs. Oh yeah I guess I should mention, the general appearance of my car is terrible so this will result in an upgrade! Gotta love wildlife!

Registered
So, I'm sure this is redundant, but just for clarification I'm going to ask anyway since the thread is like 5 years old and still alive (Thank you by the way).

I'm getting the ST this spring, and since I LOVE the "New Edge" Focus front end and hate the 1.25, I definitely plan to swap the 1.25 front for the Mk1.0 front end. I just have a few questions about Part interchangeability quick that MAY be answered already, maybe not.

Okay, question 1: What I'm hearing is that it's a pretty direct swap so long as you have all the parts available (aka either pre purchase or a donor car). But as far as part movement, do I only need to move the Windshield wash reservoir to the other side of the car? Or is there more that needs to be moved around when swapping over?

Question 2: Say hypothetically I have a car that can donate the fenders (2001 ZTS), do those bolt up with the SVT front bumper without trouble/are they the same as the SVT? I'm trying to save cost since I'm almost positive I won't be able to find an ST with a SAP that I can a) look at before I buy (All cars I'm looking at are over 200 miles away. b) buy since SAP cars overpriced on the market at the moment.

I'm sure I'll have more questions. But right now those are the big ones.

Thanks in advance!

HocusFocus

Old Phart
Regular & SVT fenders for the MkI are the same.

Availability of an SVT front bumper is prob. WORSE than the Mk1.5 SAP, though those that are avail. generally get advertised more. Neither is avail. new now.

First post details the swap well, quite a bit to change over. Washer bottle is the only "internal" part swapped.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts