Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

Registered
I am stubborn. At least that's what my wife tells me. I always gotta have a car on the back burner for a future project. And once I pay my truck down I'm gonna trade it in on a new focus. This old one will probable get built for the track. But not sure. I paid $380.00 for it 2 years ago and it has been good to me. Just wanna spruce it up a little.

w/ my magic bag
I am stubborn. At least that's what my wife tells me. I always gotta have a car on the back burner for a future project. And once I pay my truck down I'm gonna trade it in on a new focus. This old one will probable get built for the track. But not sure. I paid $380.00 for it 2 years ago and it has been good to me. Just wanna spruce it up a little.
Yea, I get what your saying, but you'd be ahead if you ship it off & get another one. There are always other cars out there to get. You have to know when to hold & fold them.

Old Phart
Future project car & more fun with it for now - doesn't sound like it "owes" you much so play $ you can afford doesn't sound silly. If you weren't going to keep it once it wasn't a "Daily" it wouldn't make as much sense (as Felix was thinking).

Registered
You ever had something that you have been through a lot with. That's this car. I love this car.

Registered
So, I have a question. I have an 07, and I am looking for a new front bumper. The only years that I can buy that will fit are 05, 06 and 07 correct? I really need to know before I buy a used one (if it is in good condition) and waste money on something that will not fit.

w/ my magic bag
So, I have a question. I have an 07, and I am looking for a new front bumper. The only years that I can buy that will fit are 05, 06 and 07 correct? I really need to know before I buy a used one (if it is in good condition) and waste money on something that will not fit.
Correct= any '05-'07 bumper will fit. Great time to upgrade to driving/fog lights if you don't have them.

Registered
I do not have them, but I am also not really worried about those as I am trying to get a ST just having to wait a couple months for the ST cause of my job. In the mean time I am going to fix some minor issues with the current focus.

w/ my magic bag
Id love a rs type bumper but if i can find someone with an svt bumper that is red I'd do it.
Might as well get it painted. You'd need to swap out the fenders, hood, headlites & grille as you know.

w/ my magic bag
Yea im gonna need to get me a check list lol. I want mach's for headlights. I have them on my SVT so I may use them.
You'll also need to cut some of the inner passenger side fender for the washer jug. For the headlite connectors I'm not sure if those machs inner change w/ the oem connectors. The rest is a bolt on. I'd mock up the fenders(mod the right fender for the squirter jug) hood & add the headlites to make sure it fits great. Then tear it down & have a b/s do a cut in of the color & then install them & then have the b/s paint them & then install the svt bumper cover & headlites & grille.

Registered
So since I have an 07 zx5 I'm going to need all the parts listed at the beginning? How long would an svt front end swap take?

w/ my magic bag
So since I have an 07 zx5 I'm going to need all the parts listed at the beginning? How long would an svt front end swap take?
How fast are you? R&R hood, fenders, headlites, griile & carve out part of the right fender for the squirter bottle & make sure the panels are squared up & fits great.

Registered
About a weekend haha. What's r&r and when you say make a hole for the reservoir should I mock fit them before. Cutting?

w/ my magic bag
About a weekend haha. What's r&r and when you say make a hole for the reservoir should I mock fit them before. Cutting?
R&R= remove & replace in this case. Look at where your filler part of the window bottle is & how the fender is now & then when you go to mockup the passenger side fender, you'll see you need to cut some of the inner fender some. btw the bottle is on the drivers side of the ('00-'04) mk1's vs the the ('05-'07) mk1.5's.

Registered
I did the swap on my 05 ST. I took the front end off a 03 SVT. I took the front fenders, bumper, washer fluid bottle (extended power wires and hoses to other side of car) grille, radiator support and hood.

w/ my magic bag
I did the swap on my 05 ST. I took the front end off a 03 SVT. I took the front fenders, bumper, washer fluid bottle (extended power wires and hoses to other side of car) grille, radiator support and hood.
Have you added a sap rear bumper?

41 - 60 of 73 Posts