Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

w/ my magic bag
Yes its a 05.. I think I am confused what model is it then that has different bumpers and a huge trunk spoiler

Sent from my XT907 using FF Mobile
That'd make it a mk 1.5 then. And you could of been looking at the sap bumpers that were a option on the '06-'07's. Ford offered a sap 1 & 2, w/ 2 having the big trunk spoiler & 1 having the ses spoiler.

FocusRush
Discussion Starter #23
I forgot I even wrote this thread it was so long ago lol.

Good thing I did, I might be doing this again and I'll have to reference it lol.

Registered
Looking to swap my 01 SE to a 06 - 07 SAP front clip. Possible?

Registered
Yea, you'll need fenders/hood & the front bumper. I'd be looking for a svt bumper, if it was me.
Ya i'm torn between the two. I like the SVT but I see it a lot around here. So pretty much I need hood, fenders, bumper, head lights, grill. etc Entire front clip?

w/ my magic bag
Ya i'm torn between the two. I like the SVT but I see it a lot around here. So pretty much I need hood, fenders, bumper, head lights, grill. etc Entire front clip?
Yea^^^^^ The grille is part of the front bumper. Or you could go w a wingswest body kit. I have the ww skirts.

Registered
My poor 01 has 208k miles and has been abused the past two years. But has original clutch and has never let me down. It's time to make it look pretty again and really build it. Once I get the body figured out I'm gonna plastidip it. I made the switch from civic to focus so I'm not as informed as to the specs and years from which you can swap to and from.

w/ my magic bag
I can appreciate the labor that went into this but I never understood the need to do that
It'd be the same as if you wanted a sap package on your car. You have a '05 & Ford brought out the sap option in '06 & you missed out, so you get & install the bumpers. Ford did offer a sap kit for people to install. I had a chance to order one up & instead just got the rear sap bumper cover & left the oem front one. I saw to many front sap covers that were scraped up, underneath on the front edges, so I left the oem front cover on. I also had a chance to back date the front clip= fenders/hood to add a svt bumper cover, but didn't to change out my suspension again.

Registered
Living in Kansas city completely slamming my focus is not an option unless I want to trash my under carriage. I might go SVT and if I do will I still need the entire front clip? An as for rear bumper cover what option do I have being a 4 door?

w/ my magic bag
Living in Kansas city completely slamming my focus is not an option unless I want to trash my under carriage. I might go SVT and if I do will I still need the entire front clip? An as for rear bumper cover what option do I have being a 4 door?
Since you have a '01, you just need the svt bumper cover. If you want to add a sap bumper to the rear, you'll need the sap sedan bumper, trunk deck & tailights from a '05,'06,'07 sedan.

Registered
Since you have a '01, you just need the svt bumper cover. If you want to add a sap bumper to the rear, you'll need the sap sedan bumper, trunk deck & tailights from a '05,'06,'07 sedan.
So the trunk, tail lights and rear bumper cover from an SAP 05- 07 will work on my MK I?

w/ my magic bag
So the trunk, tail lights and rear bumper cover from an SAP 05- 07 will work on my MK I?
Correct. I'd find the sap rear sedan bumper 1st thou. The trunk deck/tail lights should be easy to find.

w/ my magic bag
Correct. I'd find the sap rear sedan bumper 1st thou. The trunk deck/tail lights should be easy to find.[/QUOTE

Awesome thank you

Thought's on this bumper cover?
Thats the pro-DTM by ED. I'd also look at the E-spec front bumper to. The E-spec is urethane which is tougher for street use. Hitup http://andysautosport.com for ideas. I have the Wingswest skirts & the how up really good being urethane vs fiberglass.

Registered
Andy's is where I spend a lot of my time looking. For the price the Pro-DTM is probably the route i'm gonna go with this Focus. trying to get my hands on a ZX3 for a full build. I really don't expect this car to last another 2 years before it ends up being a parts car or just sitting in the back of my shop. But gotta drive it until I get my truck paid off. then it's either svt zx3 or bran new Focus. I really appricate all the help you have gave me. I found it's gonna be cheaper to do the whole pro-DTM kit than svt front and SAP rear, That's including paint.

w/ my magic bag
What motor is in your car? Zetec or the spi?

Registered
What motor is in your car? Zetec or the spi?
Zetec 209k miles, original clutch, Only thing that has been replace in the life of the car is battery, alternator, belt and tension-er, PS pump, Thermostat housing, And that plastic coolant tune that runs across the top of the radiator for the heater. And all of the normal stuff, tires, brakes, etc.. Gotta put a valve cover gasket in it before long. Oh and it has a cheap ass CAI from ebay on it. I got it for free so I used it. And no muffler. lol

w/ my magic bag
Andy's is where I spend a lot of my time looking. For the price the Pro-DTM is probably the route i'm gonna go with this Focus. trying to get my hands on a ZX3 for a full build. I really don't expect this car to last another 2 years before it ends up being a parts car or just sitting in the back of my shop. But gotta drive it until I get my truck paid off. then it's either svt zx3 or bran new Focus. I really appricate all the help you have gave me. I found it's gonna be cheaper to do the whole pro-DTM kit than svt front and SAP rear, That's including paint.
If thats the case, 2 yrs if that, Then why wouldn't you just save your money towards another car then? I have nothing sitting around for more then 6 months unless it runs.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts