Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering, if there was any info out there on it. I decided on a draxas header, but the f2 seems to be identical in size and maybe worth checking out. does anyone here have one? how many o2 ports are there for my sensors. whatever you guys know will be rather helpful

thanks

Lamar

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I know the draxas is a solid proven piece. While the ball joint style flex on the F2 header has historically been a leaky design.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that seems to be the word on the street. have you tuned, or have you just been living with the CEL??

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
a lot of people have good luck with the draxas and never get a CEL, but that can be fixed with a 20 dollar mil eliminator

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i thought that the duratec had no compatible mil eliminator... could you help me find it's location on the web??

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
umm it is very easy. all you do is tap into power, ground signal ... :)all can be done with the exisiting 02 wiring harness :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahh, it's a little more clear now.

But anyway, I finally got into contact with ricardo at f2, and the reason the website is blank on the header is because that step header that has been in the works is being finalized (should be up on the site by the end of next week or so). It has longer primaries than the draxas and the cosworth, they don't end until the about where the flexpipe on other headers end. he told me that longer tubes = more power, which is why those "shorty" headers on the zetecs only give about 3-5 HP. the "step" part means that the first part of the primaries is 1 5/8" like the old header, but in the end they increase to 1 7/8", like the cosworth. it will still have the same flex joint/spring loaded bolts, but the first part of the collector will insert into another part where the joint is (think, "small garden hose into larger hose. the water continues through into the bigger hose, with no leakage.) there is still a gasket at this area, but ricardo assures me that the exhaust gases will never even come into contact with this piece of rubber, let alone ever leak out of the header. there will be a lifetime warranty on this part, he added. he told me that there was only one complaint on the roughly 25 headers he sold from the older batch last year, and that guy tried to hide the fact that he hit something with his car and broke the joint or cracked something or something like that (I have a short attention span), and he just replaced the whole thing to avoid conflict.

He really had me listening when he told me the price: 300 shipped for a header with longer primaries than either Draxas or Cosworth, with everything you need. By comparison:

1. Draxas header, everything you need for installation, including 2.5" flex pipe: 379 (Nik told me over the phone today) plus shipping
2. Cosworth header: 399 for header only, plus 59 for flex pipe, 458 for all plus shipping (focussport.com today)

I'm still not sure which one I'm gonna get, and the choice is even harder...sigh...

·
Registered
464 Posts
i have a 2.25" exhaust. would i have to change my piping to 2.5" for it to work at its best?!? all i have is intake and well...obviously exhast. im also looking to buy headers. i would obviously go with the new draxas. hey does that work for the 2005 model? i noticed you're driving a 2004?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the draxas is fine with the 2.25, which is what he originally started with, but the website say that he gained roughly 10 horsepower when he switched to a 2.5" flexpipe and flex-back exhaust...

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
^^

becuase the cosworth primaries are too large for light modification

AND

draxas is the only other company who makes a header

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
did you not read that huge post, its sole purpose explaining the f2 header, our new 3rd choice??

:rolleyes: lol

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
not better, different. both are good, just used for different goals.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts