Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used one?? I tried searching, but the term "F2" isn't allowed a search. Or, if not, if you have changed your clutch, what are you currently running? I've never had to shop for a clutch, but I already hate it, because for every 20 people who have something great to say about a clutch, theres about 20 more that say that the same unit will explode.

I wanted to either use the F2 flywheel/Zetec Clutch, or the Cossie Flywheel/Zetec Clutch, but it seems as the F2 is cheaper, so...

Any help would be very appreciated

Lamar

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
a question about the f2 flywheel... does it work only for the 2.3 duratec focus or can we use it on the 2.0 duratec?

·
Registered
302 Posts
ive been running the f2 flywheel for about 2 months now and have no problems to report yet. I can really feel the difference in exceleration. im running the zetec centerforce clutch with it. I know its not the best on the market but i was on a budget. I love the way the new set up feels when going through the gears it gains RPM's quicker and grabs gears very nice.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
gottaride28 said:
a question about the f2 flywheel... does it work only for the 2.3 duratec focus or can we use it on the 2.0 duratec?
There's no difference between the flywheels, or the clutches. You might be thinking of the difference between the SVT and the old Zetec MTX-75. The Getrag was a completely different transmission, so it had a different sized bellhousing.

·
Registered
930 Posts
The F2 flywheel will work on the 2.0L.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So only one person is running something other than stock clutch or flywheel?!

I find this VERY hard to believe...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Cosworth flywheel and a clutchmasters clutch here.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You wouldn't happen to be running that "custom" setup that Walter sells would you??

What stage/type of disk??

EDIT: saw it in your sig... How's that stage one working, considering the power you make?
I know you don't have lke 300 hp to the wheels, but I wanted something like a Spec 2 or Clutchmasters 3, because I don't want any slipping, and long life.

Is that overkill on a car with I/H/E, cams, tuning??

I ask this because I have read that the stage one clutches from clutchmasters and spec are generally a stock replacement, and can even be compared to the centerforce dual friction...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
At this instant i'm back on a stock setup. I was having some wear problems on my stage iv clutch. I've got a clutchmaster stg2 waiting for me. I traded the cosworth flywheel to Walter and will probably pick up a fidanza. All my transmission and motor work was custom or prototype stuff done by Walter.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
by clutchmaster stg2, you mean the stage 3 (FX300) right, I thought there was no stage 2 disc from them. You getting a zetec fidanza, or they have them for our motors now?

I just wish I knew if a stage one would work well for me, but if it is indeed a "right above stock" replacement, then I may just have to decide between the FX300 or the Spec stage 2...

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
I was thinking about getting the F2 flywheel and then buying the Zetec spec stg.1 since on the draxas website it says the clutch will be abelt o handle like 320 ft lbs. of torque and I don't think my car will be putting those kinda numbers out when I am done modding.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Fidanza makes a duratec flywheel

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I'm waiting on my ClutchMasters Stage 1 and either the Spec flywheel or Fidenza. I can't remember which one I bought. Both should be here next week...I hope...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts