·
Registered
3,365 Posts
The surge???

·
un1corn
2,703 Posts
I just replaced my A104's with another set of A104s gapped at .057

i had serious bucking and stalling at idle and low rpm, new plugs fixed it :)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
well, this is kind-of a repost from an earlier thread(s). Meant for anyone who is sorta new. I would cite the original poster(s) but that was to long ago for my brain cells. The knowledge persists however.
For NA applications: Gapping to .060 is considered the maximum for the OEM COP (Coil on plug). A persons particular COP set may or may not support the maximum. Therefore, a consensus formed that, for almost all applications, a gap of .053 is the considered 'safe' mode gap. (FA applications have there own guidelines).
Again, I cannot recall which thread(s) I learned this in. But the info seemed solid based on numerous input from many members.

·
Registered
778 Posts
i got my plugs tonight. the P20 worked BUT ..LOL . i went to advance to see if they would do it in the store. well they had non on the shelf. online would not let me pick click pick up cause none at stores. so i asked them to put in a order for 12, then the manager asked why. i told him. he did & then he ordered me 4 & gave me the discount, even though it is for online only.. they will b n tmrw when store opens..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok, so I read so many opinions about so many plugs and gaps on so many different models that now I'm lost. I've got an 05 zx4st with the 2.3l pzev. Bone stock except for the stealth intake mod. I'm pretty sure its got the original plugs with 88k on them. What would be a good plug/gap to use?

·
Registered
666 Posts
if you feel like changing them ever 10k .. use autolite 103 coppers gapped at 0.055

If you want them to be in there for awhile, get the autolite 104 platinum's same gap

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got the same issue as andysouza. So many opinions and after reading 10 pages of them and I haven't settled on one. I have a 05 ZXW 5speed completely stock.

I want to change the plugs and I already bought some Denso Platinum TT (twin tipped) plugs before reading this because of the advance auto discount ($5 for 4 plugs) and the good reviews on their site.

Now I don't care about getting 5hp out of my car. I drive highway 80% of the time and I want the most out of every gallon of liquid gold because it's up to $4/gal now.

What should I do?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok, lack of sleep. So I have a 05 ST only mod so far is fswerks cai and a 01se wagon with slush box stock and both cars would benefit from the ar103 plugs?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Ok, lack of sleep. So I have a 05 ST only mod so far is fswerks cai and a 01se wagon with slush box stock and both cars would benefit from the ar103 plugs?
Yes, they would benefit from ar103s.

·
FF Affiliate
30,665 Posts
The Autolite AR series plugs are the ONLY way to go in my opinion , the Denso Platinum TT also my opinion are crap anything Plat. Irid. will last longer but are a hotter heat range and not a good choice for Performance

Yes you have to change the AR sooner then a Plat. but many go 30,000 miles before changing them

Tom

101 - 120 of 256 Posts