Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Dude it all adds up. Shave some weight here, shave some there, add a few HP here and there and before you know it you can out run your buddy.

·
Registered
369 Posts
@dullishpage, so where can we find adamantium plugs, alkali lake in Canada? Haha.

4-5hp in addition to the CAI gain plus tune makes a diff

·
Registered
687 Posts
@dullishpage, so where can we find adamantium plugs, alkali lake in Canada? Haha.

4-5hp in addition to the CAI gain plus tune makes a diff
lol, for a minute, i thought no one would get it.[drinking]

Ontopic: I'm thinking of going to OReillychuckerskragen to pick up some a103's and give them a try, plus i want to see the look on the parts guys face when i gap them in the store cause I'm too cheap to buy a spark plug gapper, lol. I'm not so much concerned about the hp as others are, but I am concerned about fuel economy and as you know california has really crappy gasoline. Also I was looking on their site and they have the same motorcraft plugs that the stealership has, for nearly half price. I don't give any props to Oreilly( as I hate them with a passion), but if guys want to save a few bucks. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/MOT0/SP448.oap?pt=03435&ppt=C0334

·
Registered
687 Posts
So went got some a103's, one of my original plugs was really nasty and rusted up, something was leaking down in there. The car seems to run smooth, i don't really notice anymore hp, but honestly i think installing any new spark plugs compared to factory ones with 52,000 miles on them would make the car run better. As far as fuel econemey, i haven't noticed any savings, infact it seems like i might be consuming more if anything, but of course could be driving conditions and crappy gas.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Well, I admit I had to google "adamantium". [shhh]
I missed it till you reposted it and then i looked at it closely and then laughed.

In the 80s there was a billy idol kinda pop singer named "Adam Ant" and i thought at first you made it up from that. I didnt realize it was a fictitious alloy from the marvel comics.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Put 103s in after stock plugs went 130k. Stock plugs didn't look too bad. I have noticed a smoother idle and better mpgs. I always drive the same route to work each day.

Just got to change the valve cover gasket now...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just picked up some AR103's and will be installing them with my son this weekend.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
From my exp with my 07 2.0 non-pzev with boltons and a tune for 93:

I've ran 104's at .060 in the past with good results. I switched to 103's at .060 when I started running nitrous and that seemed fine as well.

I dont remember having issues but as of a few months ago (nitrous has been off the car for a while) I would have random bucking/surging when starting from a stop. it would surge like crazy when letting the clutch out and even after clutching in for a second or two it would still happen when I let out. Revving up would be lazy and id have to rev and dump the clutch to get it to act normal. It happened pulling into the garage once and it smelled very rich. Went through everything I could think of (MAF, TPS etc) and 2 weeks ago I switched back to my stock plugs. PROBLEMS GONE!

Weird huh? I think the colder heat range and big gap caused it because it hasnt happened since. I'm going to try AR104's next time gapped at .055 and see what happens...

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Should i try mine with my wideband? I thought ide try the plugs then buzz around the block with the wideband and take a log. Then add the CAI and do it again. and see if i can see any difference.

Right now i have the AP104s in gapped at .055

·
Registered
3,365 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am looking into replacing my 07' 2.0 plugs after 47k miles. After reading through the thread, I still am not sure which are the best for a stock engine.
Looking at the rockauto.com website I see Autolite Xtreme Performance 103's. Does anybody knows what is the difference between those and the regular a103 and ar103 ?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Extreme autolites are more likely platinum plugs. A103 and AR 103s are copper plugs. The difference of them is laid out here. Go with a103s, gap to .055 and change every 20k

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Buickboy >> Did you note the appearance of the plugs? Any indications of fouling?
Link below for a quick guide.

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinfo/spark_plugs/overviewp3.asp?nav=31000&country=US
a little bit of fouling from the looks of it. it makes sense- I changed jobs and am spending more time cruising on the highway (lower rpms). Mustve been a combo of heat range and gap but that doesnt matter because the surge is back after a few stress free weeks. [?|]

81 - 100 of 256 Posts