Focus Fanatics Forum banner

241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Picked up a set of AR103's. I used one of those coin style gapper tools and noticed that the bend in the ground electrode is slightly different. In the pics the one on the left bent at the 90* bend and the one on the right looks like it bent where the ground electrode is welded onto the end of the threads. Does it really matter? Both are set to 0.055 as per the write up. I'm positive that I used the tool correctly.

Also noticed that the sparkplug ground (the one on the right from the pic above) is slightly off center. Again does it matter or am I being too picky??

·
Registered
145 Posts
Remember your setting the distance between the wire and the electrode , if you use the washer type it has to be used at an angle

Tom
Yup it is at an angle when I gauge it and both are at 0.055".

Is it alright with that ground bent like that or will I run into problems?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I dont' care about HP gains, just MPG gains. Is the .055 better for MPG vs the .051 recommended in my manual?

Also, my stock from motorcraft are platinum (03 2.3l pzev duratec), can be hard to find and Ford wants $13 per (but the ones ford sells are iridium now). Just go with copper?

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/autolite-copper-resistor-spark-plug-103/5390346-P

Correct? And replace every 15k (so every 3rd oil change for me)? Thanks. Just want to make sure.

Also, do you guys replace coil packs every so many miles?

241 - 249 of 249 Posts