Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ill be up in the NC/TN area the 17-28 of July and am planing on driving the dragon[:)~] any one in that area want to get together and hang out and maybe take a lil ride on the dragon? I know its a little short notice, but if your interested just post up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So no one in that area wants to get together???

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
I am from Greensboro, NC area and umm.. the Dragon? (I drive a pretty Stock 2003 Ford Focus ZTS but with future mods currently in development) lol.

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
Haha, I dont live in the mountains.. I am from the Central NC area, thats why I never heard of that.... but what is it like?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its one of the funnest places ive been out side of a closed course.
so is any one from the mountains?

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
I think the sn Ariadne is from the montains area.. You can contact her on the thread "Focus Meet in NC"

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
OOPS! I mean from the Central NC meet.. u can reach Ariadne :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Dragon has been the meeting spot for many rallys. I know there was a Mini Cooper rally there and the Miatas meet there every year. They even have a scooter rally there. I'm sure there are others. I 've ridden Deals Gap Dozens of times, but usually on my bike. I've met people from all over the country there, even Canada who traveled hundreds of miles to tame the Dragon. It would be a great place for a meet.

Be sure to drive the Cherohala Skyway which begins just a few miles from Deals Gap. Some believe, myself included, that it is even better than the Gap. The Skyway is 50 miles of long sweepers that you can see all the way through much like a race track. The road surface is in good condition as well.

Watch for law enforcement, especially on the weekends when traffic picks up.

NCFazer

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am def. up for the dragon. . . the only problem is that me gettin the day off to go up there and drive it could be hard! but if some of you wanna get together and head up there just let me know and i will see what i can do!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well im starting my 13 hour drive in a few hours if any one up for a small G2G in the area my cell # is 727-259-3200 call me up and we can get together i wiil not have enternet while im up there so no FF till i get back to FL on the 28th.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My place is about 20 minutes from the Dragon. I've run it for years with various bikes and cars. Now I've got a new ZX4 to try out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah, I live about an hour from the Dragon. I have a motorcycle that I like to ride there and on the Blue Ridge Parkway and etc. The Dragon is a good place to see what your ride can handle. You guys be careful. There are now NC Highway Patrol on motorcycles stationed there. Those 318 curves in 11 miles have been the site of an accident or two.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I will actually be driving through there on my my way to Maine (I hate I-95, so I take the scenic route) on the 18th or 19th. It would be cool to meet some of you up there and go for a run. I wish I could be on my bike, but I'm selling it this weekend. I'll probably be driving my Duster.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts