Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got my Focus 3 weeks ago. I have about 1700 miles on it. I have topped off the windshield washer reserve a week ago. Now, I looked under the hood and it's gone again. Where does it go? It looks like it's boiling out cause I see traces of the fluid below it. I am gonna fill it up again and see. I just might have a leak. If I do, then off to the dealership I go. I just thought you guys might have experienced this before.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I don't think it's close enough to the engine to boil. If the lid is on it shouldn't be able to go anywhere so you probably have a leak

·
Registered
57 Posts
The tank is inside your Left Front Fender so there is probably some in there inline_engine_lover, that little cup on top is just a fill, also when you take your car in to get oil changed, they will fill all your fluids as well, so maybe they do that when you get it changed, and you just never realize it...

·
Registered
208 Posts
LMAO!!! When I first got my 2000 ZX3, I came across this nuisance. I asked on of the auto techs at the dealership to check if there was a leak in the washer fluid line, and he asked if I had fluid come up short of just filling it. And I said yeah. He laughed and told me that whenever you use fluid to wash the back windshield, it stays back there in the washer lines. It's a somewhat decent sized line, about 10 gauge, I think is what he said. So try not to wash your back windshield so much with your cars back windshield wiper. Just clean every time you go fill up gas with the squigy at the pump.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
why is this in zetec performance? lol!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Zetec windshield washer fluid performance..lol

·
Registered
845 Posts
Hey!! Your blinker fluid is important, and should be changed according to your owners manual specifications. And don't top off!!! It builds up excess pressure and YOU DON'T WANT THAT!!

·
Registered
845 Posts
It's not the first time...do a search for "blinker fluid"

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
LOL..blinker fluid.
I myself always wondered where the resevoir was for the washer fluid when I first got my car. It seems like it lasts forever and I have noticed when I fill it up I gain at least 5 hp.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
hhahahahahah nice!
-Joe

·
Registered
90 Posts
Also, don't forget to put frequency grease on your spark plug wires to keep the RF from interferring with your radio signal...Usually, if you have crappy reception on your radio, the frequency grease will clear it up...[rofl]

·
Registered
845 Posts
my2kfocus: either that or remove the millions of feet of ground wire you have coming off the amp. (seriously..equal power to ground folks, and the engine itself has a terrible ground (like a 10 guage wire!)...sry..off topic)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts