Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
I absolutely love this picture:

Anyway, that is the first modded Kona I have ever seen, and it looks great. It looks like it could go straight into a Rally course.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Let me be the first to say thats the nicest Kona Ive seen. Diggin the fuctionality. Love the LED tails, HIDs, and the sweet bikes!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow thanks for the quick compliments. I didn't think there was much to my Kona so I'm not really expressive about it. It does have some goodies on the interior besides what's on the exterior too but it's all NA.

T-V,
That's one of my favorites too just because it looks slammed. Unfortunately it's only slightly lowered because of the SVT suspension and that pic. it's low in the rear because of the angle the Kona was sitting on the hill. I cannot really lower it anymore because I do tend to take it off road too.

Gumbercules,
The lights surpass OEM quality. I wasn't a fan of most after market taillights until these were released. I actually have the privilege of having two locals with the smoked and clear lenses that really sealed the deal for me. Not to mention I got to see Tom's Focus everyday with the red lenses.

the Dirt Brown Kona in Arizona

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
that side trim is awesome!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have no idea what the Kona thing is, but have to say that that is one of the only brown cars I've ever thought looked good [thumb]. Very nice ride.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jhess74 said:
I have no idea what the Kona thing is
Only 5,000 Kona's were made and were available in Dirt Brown, CD Silver and Rainforest Green. The Focus Mountain Bike Edition includes a Ford exclusive Kona Blast bike. An integrated bolted down luggage rack and fork mount bike rack. Unique side moldings with molded in Kona logo and bike tire treads. 16-inch six spoke aluminum wheels. Heavy-duty rubber Kona floor mats, also with Kona logo and bike tire treads. Kona off road hard wear inspired seat covers. Compared to other 2000 Foci's, the Kona was fully loaded except I don't believe a moon roof was an option.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I see.. sounds pretty cool. If you ever get a chance, I think it'd be cool to see a pic of those unique seat covers,

·
Registered
580 Posts
Wow, looks awesome. Love the lic plate. Everything just flows nicely, keep up the good work and - since you said you hadn't been so active - welcome (back) to FF!!

Oh, and how many miles she got on her? Looks almost brand new

·
Registered
651 Posts
You know how we feel about the Kona here in the Dez, bro [thumb] Such a beautiful car!

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Isn't that your car Massive in the 17th picture???

Way in the background that looks like your car.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
pretty sweet and learned something new about a model I didn't know existed I like the color

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
pretty cool. I always wanted those kona side molding on my old zx3. And part of me still wants them on my svt, except my bike isnt a kona. How do you like those tail lights? And shots of how they light up at night or dusk?

·
Registered
651 Posts
WickedlyFastST said:
Isn't that your car Massive in the 17th picture???

Way in the background that looks like your car.
Dang, it is....good eye [thumb] I didn't even notice that [:D]

That was where we parked for the pizza party after Focus on the Beach

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Nice to see ya posting on here, I always see ya in the Buy/Sell threads.........

That being said, I agree, that's the nicest Kona edition I've ever seen, absolutely gorgeous pictures. Great car, love the additions.

I am not 100% familiar with the Kona's, what is up with the pattern on the door guards/trim pieces. I know about the KONA lettering but it looks sorta like a tire track on them in a few of the pics. Got any closeups of it?

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Love the car man!!! I absolutely love the pic with the windmills in the background!!

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I would like to see the seats in your Kona as well, if you get a chance...

Good picts. I really like the one with the rocks in the background. Really nice picture. Nice car , too !!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jhess74 said:
If you ever get a chance, I think it'd be cool to see a pic of those unique seat covers,
Here's the seats.

PlutoJared,
Before FOTB it had 75,000 miles. It'll be six years old on Sept. 9th.

WickedlyFastST,
You are right. Good observation. That's my good buddies (FOTY nominee) Massive and ee from the Dezert on our FOTB trip.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts