Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I thought this might be a good place to try and be heard. I am a long time auto enthusiast. I have owned everything from Alfa's to Volkswagen's and I must start by saying that this Focus has exceeded all my expectations. I bought it as a cheap worksled and wasn't expecting much.

That said, I have also bought used not because of the cost but because I hate going to a car dealership. I'm sure I am not the only one that feels this way. Where I live the used market is dried up and extremely high right now so when a dealer advertised a New Focus for less then I was seeing used cars in that class, I jumped. So what do I do. I walk into the dealership cash in hand to buy the car. My expectation was to say "I want that one". The salesperson would user me to a cashier at I would write a check and leave with the car. Ha! They first said that I must pay an additional 200 for paperwork. Yeah sure. OK what the hell I can cough up another 200. Then they say that I must finance part of if. To get 1000 of the rebates. Ok I'll finance 10 bucks. No we need you to finance more then that. Ok how much? 10000. Ooooo Kay? And you need to keep the note three months. WTF? Who gets burned if I pay early? Well the dealership does. OK that's a no brainer. The salesman had been straight up and honest but obviously whoever he is communicating with is jerking my chain. BTW in the state of Kansas salesmen are licensed and can lose it for lying. The next guy I have to talk to is this " finance" guy. Holy crap. This guy could not tell the truth if his f ing life depended on it. He lied about the warranty when he was trying to sell me an ESP. Either he was unaware the Ford had a power train warranty above the std 3/36 or he was dishonest. He lied about how much my loan was going to cost. He honestly tried to tell me that the interest on 16000 note at the same interest rate as a 10000 note would be less. Either dishonest or unable to do math.

So Ford, if you are listening, please find an avenue for those of us that don't need financial "help" to purchase your product without having to to battle with these company sponsored con men. I bet you will find more of us dealership avoiders will come out of the woodwork and buy your product.

You truly have a world class product. You cheapen it by letting these con men get between YOUR product and YOUR customer. Heck, I'd road trip to Dearborn for my next one. I like it that much.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I tend to agree my dealership experience was similar. Lots of talk and trying to hurry me through the finance stuff. I chose to read carefully what I was signing and that really pissed off the finance guy as the were others waiting to see him, only guy in on a Saturday. Thirty minutes later I signed and picked up the car Tuesday. My wife bought her car on the internet from a dealership and they delivered the car to the door. I will be doing business this way in the future she had no bull&[email protected]& to deal with.[thumb]

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Dealer Experience

Perused the lot on Sunday.
Located two similar car '14's, one auto, one manual.
We (wife) and I drove both cars Monday.
The salesman we dealt work there just three days.
He spent a lot of time with the sales manager, in fact we dealt mostly with the SM. He was easy to work with, no pressure. Quoted prices on both cars. Only possible deal breaker, quote was for that day only. My reply, were gone.
The SM agreed with me that, we should go have a cup of coffee and talk it over. So we left, talked about the offer and returned a few hours later and accepted the deal with a handshake.
By the way, we never sighed any thing at that time.
Returned Wednesday, reviewed all the papers, signed my life away and drove out with our new 2014 Focus.
The "End of the Year" incentives were a big part for buying the Focus. [loveff]

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Returned Wednesday, reviewed all the papers, signed my life away and drove out with our new 2014 Focus.
The "End of the Year" incentives were a big part for buying the Focus. [loveff]
Hey Norcar,

Glad to read about your experience. I'm going to get it documented in my system. Please PM your full name, phone number, VIN, and dealership.

Todd

PS - How about a pic of your new ride?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I too hate dealers with a passion. I really wish I could just buy direct from Ford. This monopoly from the various dealership lobbying organizations is making me want to just go buy a Tesla to avoid all of the jerking around from various franchises, despite my love of Fords.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kind of funny that Todd is only interested in documenting the positive experience.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Kind of funny that Todd is only interested in documenting the positive experience.
Hi frizz,

We don't always see all of the posts, but I'll be happy to document your feedback above as well. I'll need your name, best daytime phone number, and dealer name/location sent to me via PM.

Meagan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts