Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are pics of lca bushings and lower motor mount. http://imgur.com/q1Vn3if,H2boOEJ,QMPgyZf,a8X0fxY,m1VFeZK,B1lG2C3,eEv0uU6#3 are they shot?

also my upper passenger motor mount is visually and feels fine. however is missing the cap. i assume its ok but im just making sure. also video of parking brake feather the clutch test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR3X35MK0G8&feature=youtu.be

also this noise started today, just after i washed my car and is on the passenger side. it sounds like its right on the outer edge of the car. Also it stops as soon as I hit the brakes. http://youtu.be/j2cu0NUOUu4

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
No cap needed functionally but the visual inspection of those is crap, they can easily be broken inside and look perfect although broken outside is a giveaway.

Inside there is a plate that bangs into another, shielded from max hit by the fluid and a rubber bumper normally but they CAN strike hard later as mount loosens up (one of the plates comes loose at attachment point), makes noise but no outside appearance of that at all.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm interesting info on the mounts... So far I'm still assuming they are ok... Thank you though!

What do you think of the lca bushings?

Any idea on noise?

Again thank you!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hm interesting info on the mounts... So far I'm still assuming they are ok... Thank you though!

What do you think of the lca bushings?

Any idea on noise?

Again thank you!
Do very little searching here and you'll find quickly a few things.

First, ONLY replace the upper passenger side motor mount with an OEM one, or one designed much like it. Aftermarket are junk. Trust me on this. My ass is still numb, and I haven't drive in nearly an hour.

Second, the other two mounts should be ok, as long as the aftermarkets you get aren't a total crap brand, or a brand with bad reputation.

Not sure about that noise...but my engine doesn't rock that hard in the bay, even with the top passenger side engine mount being crap. Just had it changed like 2 weeks ago, and it's already acting up again.

Best to foot out the higher bill for the OEM now, then to have to continue dealing with it later.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha I've caught on to the OEM mount... I got it before I knew. However the car doesn't show any other symptoms of a bad mount. The driver side mount has a lifetime warranty when I replaced it so I feel confident with it. The video is me with the parking brake on and then giving it a bit of gas and clutch... It normally doesn't move at all.

After a bit of research my guess is that the lca bushings are shot.

Visual inspection is showing twisting and tearing.

Its a good excuse to buy poly mounts anyways.

I really hate taking it to mechanics for noises as its expensive as hell and many shops hire monkeys...

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
what's the unhooked item in pic #5?

LCA bushes have aged, don't look bad enough for a noise.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Number 5 is a bushing as well. Nothing unhooked that I see. Maybe DL and then in paint put a circle around it

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Didn't happen to recognize it from the close up, looked like something that would have a bolt through the center sleeve.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i ordered lca poly bushings to fix the clunk.. it looks like my lower dogbone is ok so im gonna wait on those poly for now.

idea on ziptie noise? only seemed to occur after i washed my car...
from the inside it sounds like a wobble.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts