Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, first of all... I know that I've posted alot of thread on here relating to this issue, or similar ones. But I want this to be the official thread for my decision.

I am debating on whether to go with Eibach Sportlines or Progress Technology springs.

The Sportlines have a 2"-2.2" drop
The Progress Technology Springs have a 1.8" drop

I was first set on getting the Progress springs. But I have 205/40/17 wheels, and I was told that there would still be a nice gap in the wheel wells since it's such a small tire. That's why I started leaning towards the Sportlines because I want a semi-noticeable drop. I think the Sportlines look good with my size tires because I've seen some examples. But then I keep remembering that I do live in Wisconsin, and I do have to deal with snow. And I also definitely do not wanna deal with rubbing, so that makes me wonder whether I should get the Progress springs or the Sportlines. I can get new Sportlines for like $140 shipped, or the Progress ones for $175 shipped. I don't know which I should choose. Right now I am leaning towards the Sportlines because I think they look perfect. But I am counting on getting threw snow and not rubbing. But I've also been told to get the Progress Springs, and then get some 205/45 tires the next time that I re-tire my car.

Here is a picture of a car that is exactly my color with the same rims and tires with the Sportline drop... mine is a ZX3 though, not a ZX5:

If anyone has a picture of the Progress springs with 205/40/17 tires, please post it.

Thanks everyone.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow for some reason its a double post. can a mod please delete this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts