Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies if this is redundant or what have you but I couldn't find anything.

Also, if this is in the wrong forum, can it please be moved appropriately, didn't know where to post.

I recently saw this thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3813682#post3813682

Which in that this thread was linked: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101165

I've also done some searching but found nothing solid.

The 700+ hp Focus Power Zetec.

I joined after its time, and I've always heard of it, but have never actually seen anything. Is there anywhere where there are videos or any documentation of this car? It sounds absolutely awesome but all I know of this car is hear-say, which with the way the world is I take with a grain of salt. I want this to be true, but I have nothing to go by.

I am not trying to start shit, just if this existed that is [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g awesome and I'd love to watch videos and whatnot of this beast.

·
Banned
176 Posts
I'd love to see this car, too! Tom, you clearly have the tools and capabilities of building such a car. Let's see it!

·
Banned
176 Posts
Do you mind just giving us one link to start with?

·
Registered
280 Posts
you cant prove something that never happened. The only magazine coverage of the "white Beast" turbo zetec i ever found was a 1/16th of a page in mm&ff talking about the car winning the FWD bracket race with a 12.7. Your "tv Spot" said the same thing.

The story changes so much It is, at best, hard to believe any of it happened. Some say it is 735, some 723, and some 726. There is never any talk of the torque and a dyno chart with anything other than over time has never been produced. Even that chart was dated 2 years before the alleged infamous dyno took place. He also says it was done with a full 3" exhaust which would be nearly impossible to accomplish. The 1/4 time is always the same at a 10.9 at 136mph but the details change every time tom gives them. when He originally posted it it was with a 1.8 60 ft but ive seen him post it was a 2.0 and a 2.2 60' either of which would be impossible because in order to run a 10.9 with that 60' you would need a lot more than 136 mph.

The MPH itself tells a story, tom swears the pass was on all she had which would imply 700+whp Even if the car weighed 3200lbs which he swears it did, with his 300lbs in it giving 3500lbs total the car would run over 140mph with that much power. Given a more sensible weight of 3000lbs with him in the car that would be 148mph which is in line with what other cars I have seen run with similar power and weight although they are much faster than 10.9.

So you see, for those who know anything about drag racing and what it takes to put down those kinds of numbers, it is easy to conclude it never happened.

·
FF Affiliate
31,091 Posts
Can you please show me where I posted it as a 1.8 60 foot ? This should be an issue sence you seem to have all the info

And you stated "He also says it was done with a full 3" exhaust which would be nearly impossible to accomplish." Why would this impossible ?

You need to go back and read more , I was in MM&ff over 30 times and one of them the red hot chilli pepper was there in NJ when I ran in the 11`s first time out with the ATX so you need to get your facts straight

I was in Mag
Centerfold Sport Compact Car
Hot Rod Mag
Centerfold in the Focus Mag
Centerfold in TireRack Mag

Hot Rod TV
My Clasic Car segment

And the car weight was about 3200 with me in it , you might want to go weigh a 2000 Focus with amps and stero box then a 285lb driver

Your a hater and thats fine but please before you say things that make you look foolish get your facts straight

Tom

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any idea on issues/episodes numbers or date range on those? Thats a lot of back issues/episodes to look through.

·
FF Affiliate
31,091 Posts
I am curious what the big deal is about what I have done in the past , I did a 15 sec search and found these
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/0409mm_focus/index.html , One of over 30 times MM&FF talked about my car or pictures id , you can clearly see my pass of 11.8 at 123mph and is right in line with this artical

http://sportcompactcar.automotive.c...reet-modified-ford-focus-streetcar/index.html , where I ran a 13.1 @ 113 so the 10.95 @ 137 is about right for my Focus with DOT tires

If you look you can find them , this has been beat to death by the HATERS that cannot seem to get there facts straight mainly because they dont want to

Tom

·
Banned
176 Posts
Tom, why don't you just stop all the talk by dumping links to all of the online stuff and pictures of all the articles in one post? I know you shouldn't have to, but it would save you years of further frustration until you can really shut them up and show everyone what the car can/should run. Tom, you've got all this experience and prowess under your belt, but answer a calling out with a link to MM&FF thanking you for tire pressure advice? Come on, take out the big guns and show them what you're made of!

·
FF Affiliate
31,091 Posts
LOL , I have done that it doesnt help , just look at forcedfocus and his rambling about all he could find about me and coundnt of had a 3 inch

He didnt look hard and more then likely didnt look at all , I found above in one quick search it doesnt matter what I post the haters will still do what they do hate....

Tom

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont know if it was directed towards me or not, but I've tried searching and got nothing. Looking for a car I really know nothing about, its hard to know where to start. You know where to look. I really am generally interested in the car, I'm sorry if for some reason you are taking offense to that. I didn't mean to strike a nerve or something, just wanted more info. Thanks for the two links, one of which shows a very respectable et and trap speed, while the other is clearly a very old set up of the car.

Sorry I asked...

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Toms 735whp dyno use to be on here... and plenty of members have seen the car.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tom asked if I wanted to know anything and I told him to forget it. I didn't know this would turn into a problem.

Was just curious about a car that I've heard of but never seen anything about. 300/400hp dynos are no where close to 700hp.

If it used to be here, then where is it now? If its not then how does that help?

Either there's info about it or there isn't. I never questioned its existence just wanted to know more about it.

If there's info then post, if not then don't, no need for secrecy surrounded a car that from what I can tell is no longer together or at least not in that set up?

All the secrecy really just lends to the people saying it never existed. If it did, why is there a need to hide it?

Didn't know sharing info about a car would be so hard, especially since the owner is here.

·
FF Affiliate
31,091 Posts
Like I stated with the haters out there I stopped posting about my car and talking about it much , I did what I said I did and up to the point of 723 and 10.95 its all well documented back to 2000 , the dyno has been posted many times and I got tired of the crap from the haters and didnt care when it went away

Many on here have seen the dyno it should be in the archives

Tom

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
This is all I could find searching for dynos. Not 100% sure it's Tom's, but impressive nonetheless!

Believe Shaun Carlson's Focus was no slouch either:

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
This is all I could find searching for dynos. Not 100% sure it's Tom's, but impressive nonetheless!

I've seen that dyno before.......

·
Registered
280 Posts
I found the 11.8 pass but thats still along ways from 10.9. The other thing is the total lack of any evidence of power output. Most people with a 700hp four banger can show you dozens of dyno charts starting probably at 400whp then 500 then 600 then 700. the highest Hp chart I have ever seen out of FP was just over 400whp. You dont throw a 400whp car on the dyno make a few tweaks up the boost once or twice and get 700, its a long process of small steps. Then we wont even get into a dyno chart by time with no torque, thats just useless.

Then there is this

http://www.lentechautomatics.com/4f27ecustomers.html

11.8 @123 is exactly where you should be on the mph for 415whp like claimed by lentech. You are a few tics behind on the et but ran the same mph to a focus claiming similar power, he ran 11.4 @ 123. The same guy also ran a 12.7 @ 113 to your 13.1 @ 113 also on DOT tires and similar power but his motor was stock.

If you had legitimate proof that you had made such crazy power with their transmission I think lentech would have some reference of your claim too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.