Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that the Mid Atlantic was doing this and thought it would be a good thread for all the people in Texas.

Just post the best roads you have been on in Texas.

I found this one in SA.
Road:Cielo Vista rd
Reason:
This road is located in the hills, so it has a nice view. Also, not many people drive on this road including cops. The speed limit is 30, which is good because you will crash in some spots if you go any faster. I have driven this road plenty of times and see some very nice cars runing up and down this area. The local Ferrari dealer sometimes gives test drives on this road, So you nknow it is a good road. btw if you ever drive this road don't go over 10 mph on the last turn, it is a big drop.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...-qqCW2O9aRm24Q&cbp=12,367.45819794985846,,0,5

·
Registered
108 Posts
cool i should check it out since i work in the area

·
Registered
206 Posts
Here is one near my home, posted by someone else in the Cayman Club. I've driven the route a few times, pretty decent.

Short fun drive north of Frisco

"In this configuration, it's only about 52 miles in total. I certainly wouldn't compare it to anything in the Hill Country, but it's a reasonably pretty and occasionally entertaining route. And it drives by a nice BBQ place called Clarks. Of course, the fact that I live very close to that route (corner of 423 and 380), means that it's easy for me to get to..."

·
Registered
330 Posts
Careful on Cielo Vista. I almost got run off the road out there a couple of years ago. Some angry guy in a truck thought I was out there racing. I turned around and we exchanged some words.

Another guy from TexasRacers got a gun pulled on him out there too.

If you're experienced, you can do that road at 60mph, but it has a lot of pucker worthy curves, but I do not recommend going much more than the speedlimit. You want to respect the people who live on that road. 45 curves in 4 miles BTW.

I have some video of driving Cielo Vista.

I've been riding my motorcycle out there lately since the car has been FUBAR.

Let's not forget Lime Creek also.

dave.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Bet the bike has been a blast. I have been trying to get mine out everynow and again between cold fronts.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Bet the bike has been a blast. I have been trying to get mine out everynow and again between cold fronts.
Yeah, man. The Warrior has been doing wonderful. I need to change the oil and get a new front tire, but it's been fun.

dave.

·
Registered
330 Posts
About 8 miles outside of Kerrville on 16 is a blast. It's a really twisty mountain style road.

Also PR 37, 187, and 337 are some wonderful drives. There was a lot of construction towards Leaky, but I think it's all done now.

dave.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
this place looks fun to drive to bad i live 5 hrs away.oh and i like the music. it was a nice touch
I had even better music on it.. LOL

Youtube kept flagging every song I mixed in until I found an old Trance CD I had laying around. I originally had some DJ Icey on it and they flagged it. I also mixed it with some Crystal Method....but of course....flagged again.

dave.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
haha that sux its prob the most random song ive heard in a youtube video in a long time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts