1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
159.00 mine but somebody will have that bet by alot, or at least i hope

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
156.4whp and 133.3wtq on a mustang dyno (generally 8% less than a dyno jet). I had AEM SRI, Cam Gear (0*) and ORP.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey Tom...

Our shop is hiring for technicians. Starting wage is $33.00/hr plus paid benefits. You may make less, but no stress!!!

Lol J/K I know you never would

·
Registered
92 Posts
164.3 hp 145.6 lbs dynojet
added 65mm TB and ORP so now~ 172hp 150lbs?????

How many are road legal?????

I know of a cateram / lowcost type open wheeler here in San Diego running 200whp with a stock zx3 Bottom end and (I believe head) with super high compression. Mercur (sierra) box and diff. Rear wheel drive of course.

Chilli?? (Red focus I guess) from focal jet sold a custom intake a while ago, he said he was running 224hp I assume at the wheels.

I believe most Pro race teams run long term race engines at approx 240hp from 2 liters. Seems to be a common number for reliabilty. The new duratec (mazda/ford) 2.3 puts out 300hp as a cosworth engine in the atlantic series but is rebuilt after 1500 miles.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
you must have had a strong engine

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
159.9 WHP 147.7 WTQ was what mine ran a couple months ago, but it was a PERFECT day temp and humidity wise, I definatly don't get that everyday. But someone else there ran a 160.6 WHP.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My numbers were 164.3 and 145.6 which I guess is at the higher end. I have seen 167. as a winning result of a dyno day competition somewhere on this forum. My dyno was done at the dyno shop here is San Diego where I believe they may have had a focus / mustang dyno day as well. I tuned my cam gear for +2 degrees so that I would get the most torque and midrange horsepower, had I cranked the cam gear around I would have been able to get higher numbers but they would be well up near 7000rpm. I actually want my car to last a while.

G

·
1turbofocus said:
You know to put the ferrea`s in you have to change all valve guides ?

Tom
Shadyninja was the one who told me about the necessity of the new valve guides.

And I think he was the one who made Tom aware of this as well...

-Brian

·
Registered
584 Posts
Some guy down at the Steeda Meet this summer in Pompano Beach made 180 solid on THEIR (steeda's) dyno. Only bolt-ons with a custom tune....no cam or headwork. I understand that's about the best u can do with just bolt ons and tune. It was the highest number the Steeda reps had seen on n/a.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts