Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are my new fogs... the best out there...

I need to get the headlights now...

·
Registered
81 Posts
what fogs do you have in there? are they aftermarket? or do you have HID inplace of the stock bulbs??

They look damn good!!

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Silverstars look nice, blow easy

·
Registered
528 Posts
agreed, that's why I never got silverstars! Nokya and VisionX FTW.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
They blow if you touch the lenses with your fingers when you put them in (grease from your fingers caused the lights to burn out). My bro's car has had them for 3 years now, no burnouts, first set he bought.

I'm sure there are better ones out there though, I've never heard of nokya and visionx ftw up here in Canada, although I never have really looked.

·
Hon-duh Rider
1,347 Posts
Sylvania doesn't make H11's (I have contacted them about that). He does have an 05... so i AM curious (as a fellow 05er) as to what he used to replace the lights.

So, what bulbs are those?

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
I never touched mine and they still had an extremely short life on all 4 vehicles that I used Silverstars on. They look amazing when peering out the windshield at night but I grew tired of the routine replacement. Having an SVTF I am running the Hoen bulbs from Hoen-usa.com and they freakin' rock!

The headlights are HID so you can see these bulbs are a fine match colorwise

·
Registered
134 Posts
Recently installed the Höen H11 fog bulbs myself - they look great but really make the stock headlights look weak and yellow. Something else to "fix" [cool]

·
Registered
622 Posts
You gotta be really careful not too touch them, but just get the best. I have PIAA in all my lights except the fogs; they don't make them for stock fog lights. PIAA is pretty expensive, think I paid like $80 for the headlights, but I have white on everything up front, and it looks sick. Had them for a long time now and no blow outs.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
S2 said:
Silverstars I'm assuming?
Actually I have the silverstar headlights, and look how yellow they are...

The fogs are..................................... Hoen, I am not too sure if they are true HID fogs BUT... I was at dinner tonight with my friend and my fogs look EXACTLY like her HID headlights so I dunno the exact truth.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BiggTigger78 said:
Sylvania doesn't make H11's (I have contacted them about that). He does have an 05... so i AM curious (as a fellow 05er) as to what he used to replace the lights.

So, what bulbs are those?
I have an 06...[:p]

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had Silverstars for 2 years in another vehicle without a problem, they a great lights.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are great lights but they still seem kinda yellow.

·
Registered
250 Posts
What bulb # do I need for an '04 ZX5 fog lights?
Those are fairly bright Wickedly.

-----------------------------

Nevermind, I just did a quick search and found out it is #889

Wow, 33$/pair, plus shipping... hmmm I'll have to think about it.

PS, anyone have a diagram or something to rewire the fogs so that they stay on with the high beams?

Oh, and does anyone have a picture of the diffence between the stock 889 and the Hoen ones?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine are actually H11 on my 06 and I think 05's have them also but I think 04 was a bit different I will check and let you know.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Looks good. I decided to go with PIAA Extreme White Plus bulbs and I love them. For anyone interested, the fogs are PIAA 9005 for the SVTF.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts