Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys... I'm new here and I would like to ask for your opinion! Which one is the best chip for the Ford Focus ZX3 (2001) Manual... Is it Diablo? Superchip? I'm planning to buy the best cost/benefit one... I'm a little bit lost in this area. Which one is it and where should I buy it?

Thank you,
Lourenco Macedo
 

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
Joined
·
6,890 Posts
Both are about the same.

Things to consider.

1. Depending on your ECU code, the rev and speed limiter may or may not be removed on some chips. You need to call a dealer and give them your ECU code to find out.

2. Diablosport does not stick out of the ECU box. the superchip does.

3. Diablosport Delta chip can store two programs, including off, which you can switch between. The superchip only has one the last time I checked.

4. Don't expect and hugh HP/Tq gains.

5. Requires the use of 91+ octane gas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
microtonal said:
Both are about the same.

Things to consider.

1. Depending on your ECU code, the rev and speed limiter may or may not be removed on some chips. You need to call a dealer and give them your ECU code to find out.

2. Diablosport does not stick out of the ECU box. the superchip does.

3. Diablosport Delta chip can store two programs, including off, which you can switch between. The superchip only has one the last time I checked.

4. Don't expect and hugh HP/Tq gains.

5. Requires the use of 91+ octane gas.
Hmm.... Are there any better chips than these two? How do I found out what my ECU code is? [rolleyes] And... Where should I buy? I've been trying eBay and Google but I couldn't find anything... Anyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
You won't notice any performance increases with any chip in your manual. Really the only time to buy a chip is when your car is majorly modded and needs to be fine tuned. I doubt that it's highly tuned if you're asking what your code is though hehe. Invest in a new intake/exhaust item or udp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CowsGoMoo said:
You won't notice any performance increases with any chip in your manual. Really the only time to buy a chip is when your car is majorly modded and needs to be fine tuned. I doubt that it's highly tuned if you're asking what your code is though hehe. Invest in a new intake/exhaust item or udp.
I use to have a slightly modified Civic but I've never played with the ECU chip before... I bought this 2001 ZX3 last November and I've been waiting for the warranty to expire which will be in the next couple thousand miles... I thought the chip would be the best place to start. What should I like for? The first change... Exhaust? Hmmm The only thing that I have is a K&N Air Filter which does not make any difference at all! (PS: I was not expecting any gains, believe me!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
microtonal said:
5. Requires the use of 91+ octane gas.
I read something from Diablosport once that said it is "strongly recommended" that you use 94 octane if you have the chip installed. 91 would be enough?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FucusUnderground said:
I read something from Diablosport once that said it is "strongly recommended" that you use 94 octane if you have the chip installed. 91 would be enough?
Do you have this chip? Was it your fist mod under the hood? Did you notice any difference? Is your car manual or auto?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
I dont have the chip, I am waiting until after school is done to mod my Focus so I know what I am doing. I want to do as much of the work as I can, as I'll have the workspace, tools and know how by then. I was merely bringing up that point because Diablo recommends 94, but we only go up to 93 up here, so I was looking for clarification...sorry for any confusion...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
My mistake CowsGoMoo...I remember now where I read that and it was on focussport.com under the chip section. THEY recommended 94, not Diablo. DERR!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,779 Posts
HotRodWagon said:
The best chip for your car would be a custom dyno tuned chip by SCT. You need to sign up for a dyno session...there is one coming up in Miami in a week...you might want to check it out. http://www.superchipscustom.com/events/view.php?id=4 Oh yeah...this is best for anything but totally stock.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

The best chip for your car is one that is programmed specifically for your mods.

Otherwise the superchip or diablo are fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
894 Posts
Whenever I put my SuperChip in I wasn't expecting it to do much(the only reason I got it was because I bought it used for $75.00)........but I was very pleased with it(gains mainly in the higher RPM's though)........but I can say there is nothing wrong with a SuperChip.........[thumb]
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top