Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted to give my car a good quality tune-up. I am not into huge performance parts, but wouldn't mind putting some stuff in my car to give it a little extra oomph... (or even better, something that would get me better gas mileage? Be still my heart... lol)

This is the 03' 2.3L DOHC Sedan btw...

So this is on my to do list for a basic check-up...

Replace spark plugs. (Anyone have any suggestions for a good quality spark plug? [preferable one I can find at an auto-part store])

Check spark plug wires.

Replace air filter.

Thats all I can really think of. Anyone else do anything extra when giving your car a tune-up?

I want to put some good quality parts into my car, no cheap crap. So any suggestions would be dandy. (If those suggestions end in some parts that may give my engine a tiny bit of extra power I won't be sad.)

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have been usinig the bosch double platnum spark plugs. seem to have a little more umph to them. I use the autozone spark plug wires, because the have a lifetime waranty and free replacement. for the air filter i would get a k&n, either one that replaces the stock filter or a cone and do the "stealth" set up that others have done.

·
I'm Back!
2,304 Posts
1)-Replace plugs good idea
2)-COP(coil over plug) on 2.3L Duratec, so NO spark plug wires to replace
3)-Like Norcal pointed out, NO replacable air filter, Go with CAI/Short ram or custom, Or.....Just keep the OEM until 100,000 miles
4)-Oil Change to synth, your choice of brand
5)-Replace Fuel Filter, my $0.02

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
AND...... I still recommend this on a car as old as that (ok shut up lol, mine's older, but still) get an all systems flush, i.e. coolant, brake, fuel, transmission......oil maybe, don't remember but yeah...... it just feels good and seemed like it really helped me. [thumb]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts