Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I've been thinking of this for a bit. You know how the Mini Coopers have the British flag (aka the Union Jack) on the roof? Well call me nuts, but I thought I saw a Focus with one around town. Maybe I was mistaken, but it got me thinking. I've also wanted some GT350 stripes on the side of Attila, but wasn't sure I wanted to do it since a friend of mine on FocalJet (Ataru) had his done, and I didn't want to copy him. Sonic is now stripeless, so I'm sure I want to do the stripes.

I'm debating the Union Jack. If I do it, both the stripes and the Union Jack (since I do have the European Appearance Package) will be pewter in color. No colored flag, just enough to know they're there, but not enough to stand out. Please pardon my photoshop skills here as its just for idea sake. What do you think?

Before (as it sits now):

And after (with the GT350 stripes and the Union Jack added):

Yeah I know, different. But hey, I like different. If I didn't like different, I wouldn't be driving a car with the taillights up near the roof, right? [;)] Whadda y'all think?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Why not a German flag? The Mini is British. The Focus is German

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
yeah i don't care for it too much, maybe it'd be better if it extended over the hatch and onto the spoiler, then down onto the top of the doors.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pspringe said:
Why not a German flag? The Mini is British. The Focus is German
Did I mention I grew up in the British Colony of Hong Kong and do, in fact, have British Citizenship (in addition to my American Citizenship)? Besides, I like the way the British flag looks. The german flag looks a bit weak in comparison, plus is not symmetrical nor would one be able to distinguish the colors if it were in black and white (or pewter as it were):

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
the stripe actually looks good on the svt. i'd just go for that.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I think it's all looking good. I would only have to wonder what other brittish people would think about a their flag on a car that's not from their country. Otherwise, the stripes and the flag go really well together. IMO

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
check this out, like i suggested before, a little bit darker with more coverage, it looks good to me, this is what i photoshopped for you

btw, yes i left it over the sunroof because you could slap vinyls on the glass and it'd look ALOT better

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ncslavens said:
I think it's all looking good. I would only have to wonder what other brittish people would think about a their flag on a car that's not from their country. Otherwise, the stripes and the flag go really well together. IMO
Holy shit, I love it! [:D] [:D] [:D]

·
Registered
415 Posts
jaimz22 said:
check this out, like i suggested before, a little bit darker with more coverage, it looks good to me, this is what i photoshopped for you

btw, yes i left it over the sunroof because you could slap vinyls on the glass and it'd look ALOT better
That makes me want GT stripes on my car and PC the rims back to grey. Hmmmmmmm[thumb]

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
HyBalz said:
Makes me think of the General Lee.
only if the car were painted comp orange.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was going to come in here and say hell no, unless you were British (since the car isn't, and SOMETHING should be). But since you have citizenship, I can't argue on that front.

That said, it would certainly be different, and in pewter it wouldn't be bad.. with the idea of carrying it onto the spoilers and doing vinyl over the moonroof, I say go for it.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
The stripes would look good, but Im not a fan of the Mini-look.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts