Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a hand me down 2009 ford focus SE that my mother bought with 8 miles on the clock in early 2010 it's got 157,XXX of 90% hwy miles (step dad drove 89 mile one way to work)

I've never had a nice car so it was quite a gift everything works and she looks amazing

I was very happy bout meh carz

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Then the work began I've never had a stock car and never will gotta make it mine time

First things first cheap stuff. Snagged some black trim paint and got to work

Before

After

Everything that got done first

Final result

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
hehehe interrupted your multiple post start... It definitely looks better that way than before. Blends in with the grill now.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Christmas time got myself a Fswerks Cool-Flo CAI with the green filter

Finaly a nice day came and I got to install it all went well but I saw the TB was a lil dirty so I decided to pop it off and clean it up while I was in there

Didn't realize how bad it was lots of buildup

A can of carb cleaner and a sore arm later.... good as new!

Final install

The zip tie has since been replaced with a proper hose clamp now

After thoughts are I love the sound it's like sex in my ears. maybe a tiny bit more getup and a MPG or 2

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next thing was a simple one tintz on da tails and a debadge

Not really any good before pics but here's a after

obligatory stickers 5 HP each

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not much else going on did a oil change

Out with the old

Didn't look to bad for having almost 8k miles on it

In with the new oh yeah

Also cleaned up the MAF wiring from the CAI install with this stuff. Gotta be professional ya know

Before

After (note my fancy hose clamp)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's all Fer now folks just got her cleaned all up I'll get some interior pics to show off the sexyness tommorw

·
Registered
739 Posts
Very nice! You've got the exact same year, trim, and color of the Focus I just picked up for my fiance. [:D]

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a sweet car... slow as fck but hey is what it is.... I love the color really heavy on the metalic wanna get the ses bumper though like it so much more

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yaay another MK2!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
There's another one? Where? ..... lol
No one does mk2's they are the forgotten focus
I personally like these foci's over the new ones. Yes the ST is bad ass but other than the ST not a big fan of the MK3'S. Just a personal choice. (Wife has a 11 SES.)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do too my mom bought a 14 se to replace this one and other than the Guage cluster and the engine I like mine better..... 5 lug would be nice though. ...

·
Registered
145 Posts
I do too my mom bought a 14 se to replace this one and other than the Guage cluster and the engine I like mine better..... 5 lug would be nice though. ...
Yes a lot more wheel options.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I really like the MK2's also. I saw one on a different thread that was a four door with the dual spoilers and was all blacked out and lowerd and it looked sick. the ones on Fswerks website are badass too. if you could take the engine from the MK3 and put it in the MK2 it would be perfect. Also, would need to get rear disk brakes. drum's drive me nuts.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Disks are in the plan as well as a d25 and mtx75 swap that's a ways off though
YES!! Cant wait to see this!! How do you like your CAI?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Sorry but what is a d25 swap?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts