1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
mmmm not to shabby

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
not bad at all, only thing is the knobs look like they are still wet, its prolly just the pic tho

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Looks good...nice work........although the rest of your dash looks pretty beat up

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
sorry to be the bad guy, but it needs work.
U can se it has some pits that prolly need some sanding, and more BF.
also, need some more shaping/sanding to get the "molded" look a little more flush.
Kudo's for the effort and creativity tho

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Focus, Focus driver... Focus on the panel... The car is a horrid mess indeed... The almost dandy dash will be resanded down to the glass, refinished, repainted. It was drying as the hurricane appeared, and the humidity worked its magic as I suspected, and after handling it today, the wet clearcoat beneath is now rippled and tearing everything apart, also am certain it damaged the base coat/paint, plus the middle button doesn't sit flush. Yes, it looks terrible... Not sending that garbage off to the buyer in it's current condition... I just was anxious and felt like photoing it. The buttons were painted a minute prior to the shoot just for "fun"... the imperfections are globs of polyester resin and scathes... the lighter was also crumpled, because I pryed it out of the original dash, but straightened it out with the vice and needlenose pliers. Everything needed to be relocated? T'was the buyer's request for the appearance. If the buyer of this piece purchases a glovebox from me, I'll incorporate it in That. And if anyone is curious, this piece before you was made entirely from fiberglass (and polyester resin), and is a "standalone" replacement of the original. Embedded in the piece are #10 Bolts that hold the buttons, and 1/4" bolts that hold the piece in the dash... initially I did Fiberglass/resin a post that I tapped and try it out, but wasn't comfortable with it. This is the piece while It was still laying on the original piece: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/photostoragecs/Product/IMG_2791-2.jpg
I like to call it a "Blank Dash". From there on it's dependant on one's request.
If any have questions or anything, feel free to make thyself known.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lanting90 said:
sorry to be the bad guy, but it needs work.
U can se it has some pits that prolly need some sanding, and more BF.
also, need some more shaping/sanding to get the "molded" look a little more flush.
Kudo's for the effort and creativity tho
No need to be sorry, I appriciate all comments and ( constructive ) criticism. Lets me know that know that people care.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts