Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to trick out a focus with my kids.Which car could I do more with on a 5k budget? This is for a HS or college kid. First car. they like ZX3 and wagons the most.

·
Registered
485 Posts
the zx3, their are more parts available for it and there are alot more people with them so u could get more used parts like body kits and what not off of here for realy good prices, i kinda wish i had a ZX3 or ZX5 because their is alot more u can do with them in my opion

·
Registered
296 Posts
And the answer to the 5k queation is............ The ZX3. Or even get an SVT Focus and work up from that point.

A 5k Budget is a good enough budget for a fast car. Just look around in the parts selling area.

·
factory but custom
1,717 Posts
Wagon is a good choice, of course I'm biased,lol...but dedfinaty a hatch back and preferably an SVT is choice but whatever you can find

·
factory but custom
1,717 Posts
And remember the focus is not a civic so please dont rice it out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What does rice it out mean?
I was thinking wheels,tint,lowering springs and maybe stereo. Then chip away at the little stuff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What does rice it out mean?
I was thinking wheels,tint,lowering springs,exhaust and maybe stereo. Then chip away at the little stuff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Paul, I've been looking for my son lately as well and haven't seen much out there. But if you look hard enough there are deals every now and then.

Rice it out means to make it look like it was in the first Fast and Forious Movie.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Paul, I've been looking for my son lately as well and haven't seen much out there. But if you look hard enough there are deals every now and then.

Rice it out means to make it look like it was in the first Fast and Forious Movie.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
double posts everywhere. lol

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
in my opinion i would go for the wagon cause you can fit more in them. im lookin at one as we speak for my commuter.

·
factory but custom
1,717 Posts
What chris said about rice...sounds like you know where you wanna go with it, that's a good start

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can someone tell me the difference in wagon types
zxw,ztw,and se. What are the differences? Norcal what happened t0 the yellow wagon? I see you got a black one now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its the same wagon, just painted.

SE mid range model may or may not have the SPI motor
ZXW upper end model and should have the Zetec Motor
ZTW upper end model for the later years I believe 03-07 it will have a zetec or duratech motor

·
factory but custom
1,717 Posts
Mine was a ztw when I first got it...it had traction control with rear disc brakes, 6 disc cd changer, sunroof and full leather interior with side airbags

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Why a wagon? those things are HUGE IMO not sporty at all. Stick with a ZX3

IMO the SVT is the better ZX3 to start with all the hard stuff has already been put on the car making it pretty tricked out right out of the gate.

If you want your son to learn how to turn a screw and twist a wrench then find one that some one bought as an economy car and it hasnt been tinkered with. (this is what i got and it was an SE bone stock which i wanted a fresh one)

If you get one that was played around with you may spend most of the time fixing the things they changed or messed up.

The SVT already has a better exhaust, better suspension, sunroof, a spoiler some of the better things that improve the looks, power and handling. Some i think even come with a subwoofer for the stereo and really nice interior.

One thing to take a note of is the focus has 3 engines the single port (SPI) the Zetec and the duratec. Im not 100% on the Zetec i think it has 2 flavors 1.8 and 2.0? the duratec has the 2.0 and 2.3 if you can look for one with the bigger engine. IMO its a better starting point i would of rather got one with the bigger engine. Stay clear of the SPI i believe these are in the oldest ones.

Hope this helps you some.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts