Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,602 Posts
nice, so when can we order?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol...order.
There will be a bit of a "labor" charge added on. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
950 Posts
jeffescortlx said:
lol...order.
There will be a bit of a "labor" charge added on. :)
oh man, i wish you could make/sell these for that price!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
891 Posts
Jeff what about the EGR tube on our SPI. Can you hook us up Jeff, Ill pay more for the labor.

How much boost can we run on our stock motors with out blowing it? And what about a wastegate, is there a way to add one?


----- I think this should be a sticky----- Vote 1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
^^ would be nicer if he created a how-to from this....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SlimShady said:
Jeff what about the EGR tube on our SPI. Can you hook us up Jeff, Ill pay more for the labor.
I disabled/removed the EGR about 3 years ago when I installed the HO header.

SlimShady said:
How much boost can we run on our stock motors with out blowing it?
Some where between 5psi and 20psi, depending on how good of a tuner you are, and how well you set it up.

SlimShady said:

And what about a wastegate, is there a way to add one?
----- I think this should be a sticky----- Vote 1
Yes, there's the stock T25 internal waste gate there.


cpyder said:
^^ would be nicer if he created a how-to from this....
My cardomain page practically is a how to.?.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
891 Posts
I kno that u got a 1.9L, but how well will it bolt up to the 2.0L?

Are you willing to put a kit together w/o the down pipe and the piping cause i can get that done at a shop i got to right now. I would just love to run a turbo on the SPI and give these Civic a real challange.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SlimShady said:
I kno that u got a 1.9L, but how well will it bolt up to the 2.0L?
Actully, that motor in the 96lx Escort IS a 2.0 SPI, I swapped out the 1.9 about 3 years ago. (I just left the 1.9 valve cover to confuse people)

SlimShady said:

Are you willing to put a kit together w/o the down pipe and the piping cause i can get that done at a shop i got to right now. I would just love to run a turbo on the SPI and give these Civic a real challange.
Willing? Sure. But unfortunaltly with the full time job, kid, wife, house and family I would'nt have the time. I had to use some vacation day's just to get some time to work on this car.
 

·
Capt. Urn
Joined
·
5,491 Posts
jeffescortlx said:
I had to use some vacation day's just to get some time to work on this car.
there is the definition of dedication to a noble cause.... lol.

amazing work.

you have any numbers you'd be willing to share?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
891 Posts
I hope Tin can stop in here and say how much we can run on stock internals safely.

Jeff, if you can find the turbo in good condition and the manifold with that barket. Ill will pay you 250 total so it seems than you got a free kit. How does that sound?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
SlimShady said:
I hope Tin can stop in here and say how much we can run on stock internals safely.
What' I'm not good enough? lol
SlimShady said:

Jeff, if you can find the turbo in good condition and the manifold with that barket. Ill will pay you 250 total so it seems than you got a free kit. How does that sound?
The manifold and Turbo are easy to find, just find your local DSM group, every state has at least one. Then search the classified for peaple parting out there old stock stuff. That lower braket on the manifold is custom, I started with a $5 strip of bar stock from Northern Hydrolics and cut, welded and drilled till I had what I needed. The down pipe takes the most time.

crazy_urn said:
there is the definition of dedication to a noble cause.... lol.

amazing work.

you have any numbers you'd be willing to share?
Numbers? hp numbers? boost numbers? Phone numbers? hua
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,136 Posts
Sorry bro, tin_ doesn't know yet.

He'll be going to Wayne for a retune on stockers to see what happens at ~10 psi.

He'll report back then.

Rusty
 

·
Capt. Urn
Joined
·
5,491 Posts
jeffescortlx said:
Numbers? hp numbers? boost numbers? Phone numbers? hua
any, either, all... [:D]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tin_maddog said:
...to see what happens at ~10 psi.
I allready know what happens at 20psi :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,136 Posts
SPI?

20 Pounds?








...Lucky!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
950 Posts
tin_maddog said:
SPI?

20 Pounds?








...Lucky!
hey! you're lucky to have any boost at all!
 

·
GreyRice WOoT!
Joined
·
10,786 Posts
jeff i should come to MN and you can help me build up a nice turbo for me spi...it is an auto but i believe in ya[thumb]
 

·
FF Cleaning Squad
Joined
·
11,959 Posts
Lentech would be your best friend klondike, your tranny will start slipping even if you THINK to hard about a turbo!
 
1 - 20 of 133 Posts
Top