Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK! Double Clutching is defined as "A double clutch (also called a double declutch) is a driving procedure used for vehicles with an unsynchronized manual transmission."
Also "A modern synchromesh gearbox accomplishes this synchronization automatically."

This is my vent thread. I'm sorry but unless you are a 18-wheeler truck driver or driving a car made before the 1920's, then you are a LOSER!!!![screwy]

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, thank you Algo!!!

No, I have not been double clutching, I was talking about all these people that say I have raced blah blah blah and I double clutched all the way.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I do drive a Tractor Trailer for a living ,and sometimes I double clutch that, but it's pointless in the Focus. Most of the time I don't use the clutch. In the Tractor or the Focus.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
but...but...but...

Vin Diesel...he told Paul Walker in that movie...that....that...he didn't double clutch...wh...when he was driving his 3rd gen Eclipse?! Dare you question the intellect of Vin Diesel's character?!

·
Registered
369 Posts
ya, that confused a lot of morons. unfortunately that movie had some bullshit, but along with the millions of rices it attracted it did bring some domestic car guys to the sport compact area. im by no means saying it was worth it, but i may very well have been modding a camaro right now if i hadnt seen that movie before i knew how to turn a wrench.

its more clear to us 20ish year-old guys, and it did sell a lot of fart-cans to civic owners, but it had a couple plusses. (my first car was a tiburon)

not to make this a thread that it isnt...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is power shifting pushing in the clutch rev the engine and then gear down? Or something like that cause I do notice a smoother down shift when I do that.

·
Registered
542 Posts
OK! Double Clutching is defined as "A double clutch (also called a double declutch) is a driving procedure used for vehicles with an unsynchronized manual transmission."
Also "A modern synchromesh gearbox accomplishes this synchronization automatically."

This is my vent thread. I'm sorry but unless you are a 18-wheeler truck driver or driving a car made before the 1920's, then you are a LOSER!!!![screwy]

hahaha...I got my A-class (CDL) licence last summer, and I only use the clutch for taking off....double clutching is for people who can't learn to match road speed and engine RPM.....

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i do it from time to time., but I only do it when I'm getting into 2nd gear - trouble getting in for some reason. either I gotta be going at about 20mph for it to go in smoothly or I have to double clutch if I want it to go in at lets say 25mph.

·
Registered
278 Posts
isnt it really bad to 'powershift'? it just seems like it would burn up your clutch

·
Registered
395 Posts
isnt it really bad to 'powershift'? it just seems like it would burn up your clutch

It will burn the clutch^^^. just be fast shifting and getting back on the gas. its funny cuz when i race civics they have the peddle to the floor all the time between shifts. AND THEY SEEM TO KEEP THE PEDDLE DOWN WHEN THEY ARE STOPED NEXT TO ME........... I JUST LOL............All that noise but not going anywhere.

vin diesel---Granny shifting not dubble clutching like you should....LOL

1 - 20 of 86 Posts