Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i can't be the only one that is blinded by the high beam dash indicator. It gets to the point where I would rather drive with the lows on because the blue light is so bright, even with the dash lights adjusted all the way down. So my question is, how easy would it be to replace the bulb on the dash for the high beams? Or is it an LED..considering tinting my gauge glass lol

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
They're all LEDs behind the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I dont find this one too bad myself but had other vehicles that the placement and brightness drove me nutz...the simplest thing i found was to cut a tiny square of black electricians tape and put it over the light..if you tint your dash glass you will not be able to see the other lights you need to see

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I know i can't be the only one that is blinded by the high beam dash indicator. It gets to the point where I would rather drive with the lows on because the blue light is so bright, even with the dash lights adjusted all the way down. So my question is, how easy would it be to replace the bulb on the dash for the high beams? Or is it an LED..considering tinting my gauge glass lol
Already discussed this thing in another thread... damn they could make the leds dim with the rest of the console....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought someone might have covered this but I couldn't find it through the search magic. Maybe I'll give the electrical tape a try. How hard is it to get the cluster out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts