Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm lucky enough to be off on Thanksgiving again this year, and I'm driving up to my parents (about 3.5 hours from me) and I will have access to a lift, so I am going to do a few things to the car.

Due for an oil change, so I'm going to make the switch to Royal Purple and a Wix filter.

Also going to replace the serpentine belt, since I can get it up on the lift. I figure 60,000 miles on the car, its a good time to replace it as a preventative thing.

And since the trip is about 220 miles ... that should burn around 3/4ths of a tank of gas, so I figure I'll put Seafoam in the tank, and then change the fuel filter when the car is up on the lift.

I've already done pretty much any other 60k work ... new plug wires, plugs, PCV.

Can anyone else think of anything else I should consider ... especially while the car is up in the air?

I was gonna do the FRPP suspension this trip, but I wasn't able to get my finances sorted in time. :\

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
im gonna let it sit and take a nice 4 day weekend after oil change

·
Registered
743 Posts
damn,wish i had a lift.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dad is retired air force, so we can go on base and use the auto hobby shop there. Lift and all the tools you could possibly need.

·
Registered
108 Posts
tranny filter?

·
Registered
289 Posts
No filter on a manual trans, fluid only. Service and lube F & R brakes is always a good minor service. Or a brake fluid flush if has never been done.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Front breaks were done last year over Thanksgiving. I suppose since I have it on the lift, I may as well do the rear brakes. As for the tranny fluid ... I've seen a lot of different numbers ... exactly which fluid for a 2002 MTX75? If I do it, I'll be doing it Royal Purple as well.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, fuel filter is already in the plans. But for a slightly different reason that normal. I already replaced the fuel filter not even 6 months ago as part of on going PM. But I plan to run a can of Seafoam through my gas tank on the drive north. 285 mile trip ... so I figure by the time I get there, there will be enough new gunk in the filter to need to replace it. Quick reminder ... which fuse is the fuel pump?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hate you lol, Chicago winters have taken there toll to some extent on my baby
I lived in Chicagoland for 2 years when I had my Mustang LX. 1yr in Schaumburg, 1yr in Lakeview. And yeah, I was basically taking my car through the carwash at Shell about once a week to make sure I got all the salt gunk off.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I should probably change the tranny fluid on my car too. I don't know if it's been done in the 160k that are on it or not [:0]

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I might eventually. But suspension comes before exhaust anyways. My stock suspension is pretty worn out. I'm just waiting for some financial ducks to fall into line before I can get the FRPP from Hilbish.
That's what I plan on doing with my car. My rear suspension is getting soft, causing uneven wear on my tires. So I'm thinking by spring I'll buy the FRPP kit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts