Yes this show was great...had a blast and looking forward to next year

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Yup yup!

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Don't thank me, thank the sponsors, especially Bojix. They funded it, otherwise this would have been a no go.

Thanks to Blackmamba for donating the decals and certificates
Thanks to WestCoastSpeed for the gift certificates
And a big thanks to DirtyBlueShirt for the awesome fiesta schwag from Ford.

^^ Thank those guys.

But thanks for the recognition. :)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you to all the sponsors for throwing a awesome show, I hope this becomes a new yearly event. Rob do you have the sponsors emails? I would like to send them a email thanking them and links to the photos we took.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Just one thing. Separate category for focus and mazda. No way we can compete with mazdas running wheels that r worth more than my car lol. The most exspenive wheels on the foci i saw was about $600 lol. But we all know how hard the foci guys work on our cars so I guess recognition isn't needed. Just would have been nice to see some guys get something.

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Thats number one only list next year of things to do differently. I will be splitting it up by make and model. I did argue to have the yellow focus win the mild class, there was a tie between that one and another rx8.

Next year Focus will be it's own category. Also, the show wasn't 100% based on looks. Much of it was on how show ready the car was. there were a few clean foci, but dirty engine bays killed a lot of scores.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I know we can run with the mazadaz, there just imports guys, no thing special if the show was based on the mods, we would take it no problem. Our focus ran carbon fiber, extremely rare cosworth parts and also mods that were done by hand that blew my mind and etc........ But anyway, it was a great show, had alot of fun seeing everyone, special thanks to all the sponsors and rob for making this possible, look foward to it again.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
remember all the foci ARE daily drivers. I know at least half the rx8 are not lol. Im sorry I drive 300 miles a week haha. Next time ill detail the car and trailer it haha.

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
remember all the foci ARE daily drivers. I know at least half the rx8 are not lol. Im sorry I drive 300 miles a week haha. Next time ill detail the car and trailer it haha.
Not so true. I talked to the guy with the white one who won the Wild category (with the spread in Modified Magazine), and he said his car is a daily driver, and he wants to treat it like a car. He takes care of it, but doesn't baby it. That being said, different categories for sure next year, if not just limited the show to FWD cars :p

Huge thanks to everyone who was there and who helped out. I feel bad that Rob wasn't even able to pick up his camera to take any pictures, but hopefully the work he does with the shoot and the board for the people who won them will help him get some of the exposure he deserves as a photographer and graphic designer.

Early registration for FSCW 2012, anyone?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll add a +1 to the thanks. It was fun. Can't remember off the top of my head who was winning all the raffle prizes, but it was funny. [rofl]

Everyone that left missed some funny conversation at the restaurant. Ended up being a table of one active military person and three prior military. And the food was pretty good too. Just took forever and they thought we had already paid.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Damn I forgot to look for some of the owners of the foci. My bad. Wouldve been nice to match faces to screen names lol

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks to the sponsors and all the hard work they put in. Also, thanks everyone for coming out, can't have a car show without the cars.

As soon as I get settled in with school, I should be getting around to editing photos of everyone's cars and whatnot. Should have them up later this week.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks for getting it all together.

Me and the lady had a good time and were very thankful for the excuse to cruse hwy 1 from the show to the 10fwy on the way home. We couldn't have asked for better weather.

Big thanks to Bijox guys for letting me check brake clearances as well.

-Ryan

1 - 20 of 30 Posts