Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok well i have been wanting to start working on engine mods and now I finally have some money...well a credit card...long story short, i signed up for a credit card to get my credit going and to make use of it I ordered a CAI from AEM and a bypass valve( AZ monsoons yippee!) yesterday morning...its coming tomorrow so I'm pretty excited. That will be my only engine mod as of now. I think I might also try the muffler delete mod and run a straight pipe in place of the lunch box for that growl I've been yearning for. Just thought I'd let everyone know I'm finally serious bout this shiz...hondaluver at heart but foci-luver in body lol. My baby will now have some pep to her!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
just running a straight pipe might be alittle loud... i have a borla cat-back and i get compliments on it all the time on the sound,its nice and deep and not whiney sounding.. im sure you would highly enjoy borla if you went with them[thumb]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow, borla exhaust and AEM CAI must be a pretty popular setup! That's what I have, and I LOVE it...Also, I think the sound suits the Foci perfectly! [thumb] [thumb]

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
you won't be too loud without the lunch box lol, you don't know loud till you get a full length race header & MBRP[rofl]
watch out , once you start modding you can't quit LOL!! enjoy!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^i know i have done pretty much everything except engine mods which is why i'm excited cause its sumthin new I've never done on my focus. The straight pipe idea was to save money cause right now i dont have 350 to drop on a borla....maybe i'll post some pics once i finish these few things so stay tuned...thanks guys, later.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
id stay stock til you can afford the Borla, straightpipe is no bueno

·
Registered
613 Posts
he means straight pipe instead of teh lunchbox
I got mine cut off and pipe put on for 20$
sounds WAY better, doesn't sound bad at all
I also have a SRI and a 65mm TB, it sounds great, not loud at all
mbrp is cheaper than trubendz right now too