Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so glad that Ford included the new underbelly liner in the new Focus! Had it not been for that little touch I could have had some major issues tonight... Leaving dinner I hit one of those double grooves in the road with the ridge between them from constant truck traffic wearing it out, and thanks to the five full grown adults in the car it rubbed hard from about six inches back to about a foot and a half back under the car about 18 inches from the pasenger side tire. Had that liner not taken the hit I have no clue what might have grinded along that ridge and been damaged. It rubbed a little of that felt-like material off at the front of the impact spot and just kinda ruffled the material some a few inches or so aft of that. I know that liner is there for aerodynamics, but it really could have possibly saved more than gas tonight. Thank you Ford for making my night! [clap]
Still not sure if it didn't shove it up into something and rub on the inside or dent something, but will get it looked at Monday when I go in for my first scheduled service appointment when I also have them look into why my driver's side rear armrest/window switch housing piece pops out so easy when someone grabs hold of that handle to pull their door closed. And also going to have them look into the randomly occuring delay in my center amd driver's screens coming on when I start the car... Sometimes when I start her up it can take up to 15 seconds for both to boot up/turn on even after everything else is fully operational... Thinking I probably might beg them not to do any of the SYNC or transmission programming updates as I like how mine are performing as is. [dunno]

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Looking at your info.. Ford Galaxie.
What happend to great ford names like "Galaxie" and "Futura" "Grand Tourismo"
(skip the Edsel)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Some are used for other vehicles in other parts of the world supposedly so Ford keeps a stake in the ground on ownership.

I believe the Galaxie is a conversion truck in Europe.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
I have not been following the focus thing lately, but if it hasn't been done yet, someone needs to pull that liner down and use it for a template for an aluminum one. Glad it saved your car though :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts