Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help me find a wire in the back of my stock deck please this thing is killing me.....i need to find the wire that is the ignition wire to the radio? what color is it..... the guy at the shop said it was orange and black.......well no such color of wire in mine i got pink blue green brown and a bunch of others. Then my speaker wires are all different too like normal would be black and red....not this made in MEXICO car, i've got brown and off brown +, - wires? all i want to do is run an AMP and 10" sub off a stock deck thats all i don't want to split ATOMS

someone mentioned that its not a good idea to poke around the back of the radio with a volt meter because the air bag might go off [8]

help me if you can thanks guys [thumb]

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
http://focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2140

mine was the green/yellow wire. it gets power only wen the radio is on. if your car is different but the wire harness is the same (one yellow wire harness - speaker wires, one black wire harness - power/ground wires and one small yellow wire harness with one wire - speed censor) then the pins should be the same, the wire your looking for should be pin 5 in the harness regardless of color. check with a multimeter though, your pretty safe behind the radio, just probe the wire using a metal pin/needle and touch the multimeter to it so you don't have to strip all the wires. let me know if your still having any trouble.

- Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts