Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need to vent. I was coming home from a 3,000 mile trip after visiting my son in Maryland and my daughter in Florida. I had just crossed into Texas(5-10 miles) from Shreveport, LA on I-20, when I see a local sheriff parked in the center median. I glance at the speedo and I`m going 78 mph, no biggie I think to myself. Wrong, next thing I see is flashing lights in the rearview so I pull onto the shoulder and stop. Even though this is the slowest I had been driving the entire trip(average 80-85), the asshat gives me the worst speeding ticket I have ever gotten in 41 years of driving, $185. This happened at dusk and in Texas the speed limit changes to 65 at night. Needless to say, I won`t be going to Texas again for a long time. No food, fuel, motel, no mas.
<Rant over>

Pat

·
Registered
530 Posts
you dont like it stay out of my state [}:)] !!! By the way thats why there is speed limits!!![?|] stupid

·
Registered
210 Posts
So, beacuse you were speeding and thought you were bulletproof, you're mad at the cops? If you robbed a bank, would you be mad about doing time?

Must be an Okie thing.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
My only question is, when you saw him in the median and you looked down at your spedo, cause that is just a natural reaction you can't do anything about, what did you think was going to happen?

I am thinking your in Texas and sporting OKie plates. Trust me when I say that the same would have happen to us in your state.

If it so much as looks like we are speeding we will get pulled over. It is a Texas-Oklahoma thing, nothing you can do to avoid it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wow, not only is he arrogant, but he's rude too...man, I'm glad not everyone from Oklahoma is like this guy.

·
Registered
407 Posts
trust me theres more than you think lol, and you have to give him a break, everyone knows okies cant read! jk man sorry for the "trouble" that the "law" gave you

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You Texicans crack me up. If I had been stopped by a Texas State Trooper, I could of dealt with it better. It is when Barney Fife gets out on the Interstate highway system to do some fund raising that gets my blood boiling. When that happens in Ok we call them Oklahomosexuals.[rofl] [cheers]

·
Registered
530 Posts
Dude its only $185 shut up n deal wit it

·
Registered
588 Posts
Well sorry for the ticket man that blows. happens to me all the time stupid, what gets me are these stupid camera tickets lol

like they can actually tell whether or not your ticket got lost in the mail? ;p

its all about the dollar man

·
Registered
588 Posts
and you guys should know better then to jump the man after a rant eesshh

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
I hate getting tickets too, but I don't stop speeding. Just when you speed, make sure you get the flow of traffic moving with you too, hehehe

Its a skill.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
eazyrider_tim said:
I hate getting tickets too, but I don't stop speeding. Just when you speed, make sure you get the flow of traffic moving with you too, hehehe

Its a skill.

Best 1/4 Mile Time = 17.34 @ 79.84mph

what you know about speeding?

bwjahjaahahahahahhaahhahahaahahahahahahahahaha

[8D] [:D] [cool]

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
hahahahahha, I hate you........my car isn't slow, I just don;t know how to take off "launch" in this thing.....when I got full throttle from the brake stand I just spin, then it bogs down.

I know I can get a high 16 easy....because I beat cars that run that all day long on the street/highway....some of my buddies.

And you need to slow down, think of the children! hahahhahaaha

·
Registered
154 Posts
lol funny stuff but ya just stay out of texas and if you know your way around you can lose them O and by the way I added all of you who live near or in the DFW area becasue that were I am and i dont know anyone else who owns a focus

·
Registered
622 Posts
The Barnie Fife reference was great, so typical of the Southern Redneck States. And Focalized31, your another reason not to go to TX, $185 is no laughing matter. Not to mention insurance surcharges. And that $185 has to go to TX??? What a waste. MAybe they'll use it to hire non-harrassing cops.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts