Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 svt focus with borla catback. Just today it threw the code P0420 which I know has something to do with the catalytic converter or o2 sensors. What I am wondering is I would like to delete the cat and get a test pipe because the way it is set up now isn't loud enough. If I get a test pipe and get an 02 spacer will it still throw a code? I'd really just like to get rid of the cat. Thanks.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have a 2002 svt focus with borla catback. Just today it threw the code P0420 which I know has something to do with the catalytic converter or o2 sensors. What I am wondering is I would like to delete the cat and get a test pipe because the way it is set up now isn't loud enough. If I get a test pipe and get an 02 spacer will it still throw a code? I'd really just like to get rid of the cat. Thanks.
What might be better is a 'cheater circuit.' There are several different web pages describing how to make them. Some use an IC 555 timer and some are just a capacitor and resistor.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
test pipe= orp. A tune will turn off the cel.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've done the O2 Cheater mentioned in the thread above and it works. passed smog testing with it and was able to insure my car! Yay soldering skillzzzz......

Do that then get your ORP.... btw SVT Gets quite loud with ORP... trust me, I've got one! Also have the Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator and a Borla Muffler and its still quite loud! Be careful what you wish for..... you'll end up with a headache with the 3000rpm drone

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do that then get your ORP.... btw SVT Gets quite loud with ORP... trust me, I've got one! Also have the Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator and a Borla Muffler and its still quite loud! Be careful what you wish for..... you'll end up with a headache with the 3000rpm drone
I have an ORP, going into a full 3" exhaust with a Magnaflow 22" resonator and a Flowmaster 40 series, and it does drone around 3k rpms. But thats what a loud stereo is for :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
test pipe= orp. A tune will turn off the cel.
True, and you won't fail the 'visual inspection' they do to confirm emissions equipment is not tampered or bypassed (in places actually doing their jobs.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts