Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out, I thought this was pretty cool, it just got posted on Engadget.com - its a tour of the new $100k Tesla Model S sedan. The reason I bring it up here is it does just about everything that MFT already does, except it looks like they got it RIGHT out of the gate. I think it's based on Android, but check it out.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/06/tesla-model-s-test-ride-and-factory-tour-video/

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
That is cool! Let me get my change purse.

·
Registered
92 Posts
A very impressive system. For a $100k electric sport electric vehicle...I BETTER be amazed by the infotainment system.

Very interesting that we are comparing a $25k vehicle's infotainment system with that of a $100k vehicle's. :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
It's $50k.
It's $50k AFTER the $7,500 tax credit for the "base" model that can travel up to an eye popping 160 miles! What's that you say; you want to be able to travel up to 300 miles.... that's going to set you back roughly $80k.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Basing their power on a Mac, finally a smart company, basing their tech on something that's stable and works out of the box!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Still out of my price range... Looks like a nice screen - I noticed the satellite map is probably just as distracting as MFT while driving which might not be all that safe.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Basing their power on a Mac, finally a smart company, basing their tech on something that's stable and works out of the box!
So does Windows...it's when other companies start adding their own additions. Something MS could take away from Apple. Keep the OS locked down. Unless you actually know what you are doing.

Okay...rant over.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Its not based on a Mac or anything Apple related, or Android.

It does use Adobe Flash though!

Tesla is using the same technology selected by Ford for the Jaguar XJ when Ford owned Jaguar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts