Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I have an 00 zx3 and my problem began with my lights dimming at idle and when I would switch my blower fan on high. When my belt started squeling after that I started to assume it was my alternator going out.

So in a quest to replace my alternator I quickly noticed that I couldn't budge my serpentine belt tensioner, and that this might have been the case all along. However I'm having a hell of a time getting the dang thing out! It seems as though I need to remove the idler pulley to access the second bolt for the tensioner and to do that I need to move the engine so that idler pulley bolt doesn't back into the frame.

Where I'm confused is after I loosened the passenger side motor mount (while supporting the bottom of the engine) I still could not get the engine to move. Raising the jack slightly only lifted the car. So how do I get the dang tensioner off? I'm feeling kinda lost here[???:)]

Also somehow I managed to get a hole in my fuel line. I'm still not sure how I did it but it is definitely there now. Does anyone know what this part would be and better yet how I would replace it?

Thanks in advance, I need any and all tips at this point

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
First off to move engine you would have to remove dog bone mount. But this is not necessary. To make it easy just remove fender lining.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts