Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
fixed the video embedment. Not sure why it was fine from my phone but not embedded for PC users.

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Looks like new parts need to be purchased. After the last autocross I noticed the passenger side was lower than it should have been, looks like the spring failed. Under the weight of the car the spring fully compresses on itself.

Attachments

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So I have an ambitious goal for next year and the following year.

I think I may attempt to build the '03 to be a national Auto-x competitor (Let's use the term loosely). The big kicker will be if they eliminate the STF category as I have seen & heard discussed. If that happens it could derail my goals.

Short list of needs:
-Polybushings all around
-Camber adjustment front and rear
-complete rear disk brake swap.
-Fix front spring
-tune the engine/do a refresh/swap in the motor from parts car (Don's Car) with much lower miles and less abuse.
-New clutch
-Revised intake (Currently has Steeda SRI, AKA Hot Air Induction System.
-Read the rules and see how to push them...
-2018 drive my ass off next year and attend pro-solo events
-2019 repeat 2018 and drive to Lincoln, NE.

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ran my ST yesterday with my Wife. ZX3 will be shelved from autox duty for awhile. ST will be getting GS prepped effective immediately.

My Runs

Wife's Runs

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
My First Autox in the ST on 245/40R17 RE71R tires on 17" x 8" Street Edition A15's. Got first place in GS.

My Fastest Run:

My Wife's fastest Run in the ST. She got 6th in GS and missed fifth by .045 seconds. Not bad for he third ever autox.

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Ordered hawk HP Plus pads today. After the last event with two driver's I had severe brake fade to the point I could put the pedal to the floor with zero lock up. I'll keep the stock pads for daily duty through winter and run the HP plus to finish the season.

If I find it not too tedious I may switch back and forth between events and have read the HP plus are quite noisy when cold.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
what was the reason for switching class/car?

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Broke a front spring that I don't feel like fixing and STF is dead next season. My goal it to go to Lincoln next year for Nationals and the ZX3 would be completely useless in STS. I just bought an ST for a fun daily and now it's getting prepared for Nationals instead of the ZX3.

The ZX3 will be going into SMF because class no longer matters for it and I want to put on my JRSC for fun Street driving.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you're willing to make the drive I would recommend coming out to some WDCR events, kind of like going to a mini national tour event in terms of level of competition.

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
If you're willing to make the drive I would recommend coming out to some WDCR events, kind of like going to a mini national tour event in terms of level of competition.
I think next year I may run Bristol events. I may have to come out to WDCR for more experience.

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Hawk HP Plus pads installed on the front. Boy do they have some crazy stopping power when they're warm. I didn't get the rears done because it got dark and I didn't have an alan key that would fit around the RSB to remove the caliper.

My first event with the front pads is this weekend, we'll see how they handle the heat compared to the OEM pads that I baked at my last event.

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Ran Two Events this Weekend came in 3rd Saturday out of three drivers coned away first place on my last run... 16th out of 40 in PAX overall. I let a friend drive my car in the fun runs he beat my time by about 1.5 seconds... He's going to help me train for Nats next year.

Video from Saturday

Sunday my camera died and I couldn't find my charger so no video from the day.

On Sunday I place 4th out 4 drivers. I couldn't get a clean run to save my life and it showed in my results. I was 11th in Pax out of 50 Drivers.

My Wife took 4th in Novice class. She missed 3rd by .002 in PAX for the Novice class! This was her 4th event and her 1st time in a very open fast paced course. She learned a lot and definitely had more potential but she was more nervous because of the higher speeds. She learned the importance of pacing and finding a rhythm for the runs.

There are two events left that I might be able to attend and I am hoping that my wife and I can go to both and practice what we've been learning at the end of the season.

Photos From Sunday Taken By a Friend:

Reviewing Setup and talking Strategy with my wife between runs.

Car loaded up at the end of the day...Too much stuff...

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
My last autox of the season.

My fastest run from last weekend. Good enough for first in GS, 21st in PAX out 143 drivers

My Wife's fastest run. 5th ever autox, she got 3rd in GS and 74th overall. She's improving a lot each event and is getting better at building a tempo for her runs.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts