Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone else having this issue? It then takes the car 10 minutes to display the correct temperature and this really messes up the automatic climate control.

Thanks,
BB45

·
Registered
519 Posts
Anyone else having this issue? It then takes the car 10 minutes to display the correct temperature and this really messes up the automatic climate control.

Thanks,
BB45
Do you mean your exterior temperature sensor? If that's the case, it's located under the passenger side mirror, and maybe it's been damaged.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you mean your exterior temperature sensor? If that's the case, it's located under the passenger side mirror, and maybe it's been damaged.
Where exactly under the mirror? I never noticed anything under there unless you have puddle lamps.

Thanks,
BB45

·
Registered
788 Posts
Where exactly under the mirror? I never noticed anything under there unless you have puddle lamps.

Thanks,
BB45
There is a small nub that sticks out, that's the temp sensor. If I recall, it's under the pivot point.

·
Something goes here
8,292 Posts
Ever since I got the new updated tune flashed on my car it was working fine, but now after the tune it takes a while to show the correct temp, ford will have to release a new tune to fix it.

I had the new tune flashed to my car when I stopped by sct

·
Registered
301 Posts
yeah mine does it too. i was wondering about that and now i guess it is messed up since im not the only one now

·
Registered
772 Posts
The temperature readout in these cars isn't highly accurate. For 2 reasons I will explain below.

It will not update it's reading when the car is stopped. It does one reading when you start the car and then won't do another until you are moving down the road.

The other reason is it's doing a Celcius to Fehrinheit conversion. When you convert Celcius, some numbers in Fehirnheit are in between when converted I.E. 80 degrees. If you notice your car will never display 80 degrees, and sometimes will flip between 79 and 81 rapidly. I complained about this to Ford because I saw it as a malfuction, but they confirmed from the engineers that's normal because of what I wrote above. That's one of the downfalls of a car based in Europe, since they use Celcius as their standard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine does it too. It will be 104 here and it say 70. It takes it awhile to get up there. There has been a few times even after I was riding for about 15 mins it still said 70. I was going to bring it up at oil change.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did the battery pull and that seemed to have helped for one turn on. I just tried it again after lunch and unfortunately no joy; it's still displaying 70F when the car is turned on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts