Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so it look like in the display for the tracks and stations in the 08 focus with sync, it looks like it shows tempeture....but i dont have it and i dont think anyone else does...can anyone see it...the problem is it might be an update for sync sometime in the future but my sync doesnt update..its beat.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I dont think it has anything to do w/ sync... I think it's one of those cheapo ford moves that they do... That same display could be fore the fusions, f-150's expeditions etc etc.

AFAIK the focus' don't come w/ outside temp displys =( or power seats for that matter >.<

·
Registered
312 Posts
its the same info display that is in the ford escape, i wonder if you buy the harness and outside air temp sensor if it could be as simply as just plugging it in or would there be more invovled.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm almost certain there would be more involved considering those extra display items have to do with electronic climate control in the ford escape/mercury mariner. Although it would be badass to get it working, the amount of work involved would probably not be worth it

·
Registered
484 Posts
ive noticed that when the light hits it at a weird angle and when i show someone in my car they think im crazy. if anyone who is good with wiring figures it out, id definitely pay to get some kind of digital climate working since it wasnt even an option to begin with.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Yeah, we had this discussion back in May. It didn't lead far but you might get some more info out of this thread HERE.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Yeah, we had this discussion back in May. It didn't lead far but you might get some more info out of this thread HERE.

Oops, sorry about the dbl post

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is something I miss.

My old Explorer had a compass and the external temp. I can live without the temp but I've already made a couple wrong turns that would definitely been avoided had I had a compass.

I think I'll just get a cheapie suction cup liquid ball compass for the dash.

·
Registered
484 Posts
lately ive been spending money on dumb things so i bought a slightly used f-150 autodimming rearview mirror with compass and thermometer off ebay for my 08. I'm going to assume, a costly assumption, that i can remove my crappy rearview mirror that doesnt display anything and hook it up with the temperature probe so itll work. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
312 Posts
im pretty sure the microphone for the sync is built into the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Haha wow i completely forgot about that. I would have installed it and been like why is my sync not working anymore??? I'll add to your rep for sure for bringing that up. the part number i bought is XF2Z-17700-AA and i found out that it wasn't an old f-150 mirror, i just made that up. I've been looking for the model number of my car, but i cant find it to see if they are different or not. Can anyone else help me with this??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts