Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Temp Gage is over heating. I'll drive for a little bit then if I let the car set for a couple of mins. it will go up passed half way but NOT to RED. The fan will kick on to cool it down. but if i continue to drive it it will go back to half way. Its messed up.

I got the 2.3L, its an 04' ZX3, 5 speed.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That's weird, i have the same year and engine but mine stays right below the halfway point (closer to cold) all the time....

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
take it to ford, better to be safe than sorry. my car was doing this exact same thing(almost exact) the other day. 04 2.3 automatic, kept saying it was overheating after barely driving it, but when i drove it fast it would go back to halfway and then after slowing down or idling it would go up to the red. everyone said to replace my thermostat or w/e or t he gauge and i just took it to ford and it turned out to be a blown head gasket.

·
Registered
672 Posts
If the needle is just moving up, it's showing what is happening, which is normal. The fan will only trigger when it reaches a certain temp, not immediately when it goes from normal operating temp. Looks like everything is doing what it should.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts