Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t decide which are the best, MSD or Ford Racing spark wires? Please give me some input. Someone told me that I would have to upgrade my coil if I got a bigger wire, is this true, or can I still use my stock coil? One last thing, are the wires for a ZETEC and SVT the same? Sorry if these questions were dumb I’m a Rookie.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I don't know if the wires are the same, but I'm pretty sure the coils are the same. I put the MSD wires on my SVT a little over a year ago, and I have been very pleased with them. I didn't bother with upgrading the coil, I just re-gapped my stock plugs to .060 inches. The MSD wires fit the stock coil just fine, I got mine from summit racing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I purchased the Taylor 8.2mm Thundervolt wires today...will get them on the car later this week along with the Motorcraft Coppers. WD40 says they outperform the MSD wires!

I'll let you know my impressions.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
STOCK coil and FRPP wires, Motorcraft AZFS22C f4 plugs gapped at .060

Thats all the ignition you're gonna need.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Look guys,

when you want to make alot of power you need to ask the guys that make alot of power what they are using..........

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.