Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Im about to leave for New Orleans to go visit my girlfriend and to pick up my focus at LSU on Monday(I miss her so much) <---talking about my car [deviltail] . School starts back up on 12, so this had to be done quick. So Im going to be calling focussport tommorow and see what they have in stock. Heres what im going to order:

FS Header, Cosworth Flexpipe, and BS Delete

I have MM CAI, FS 2.25 Stealth.

My question is should I go ahead and buy the SCT? Another question is where the extra power comes from when you get the SCT. I PM'd FS and they told me it's not a custom tune, so where does that extra 7whp come from? Im guessing since I have the CAI, Full Exhaust, and the SCT will unlock alot more power. Especially since I have the PZEV engine :-(. Plus I heard the SCT does wonders to the ATX. So should I get the SCT?

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Well I was talking to the guys at Steeda and from the info on here it seems it's very well worth it, especially when you have other upgrades. You will get full potential of your hardware with a tune. The extra HP comes from having a better gas/air mixture and other various settings that change from your stock ECU tune.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I would buy the tune from tom. He will send you a lifetime of custom tunes for your hardware. And if you have the money, why not get a tune?

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Agreed, gonna get one from him once the 09 tunes come out :)
Tom has a great price for the SCT XCal3 also, cheapest I've seen.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I thought. I figure with the EGR by itself will boost the WHP up a lil. Well Im guess Im going to go ahead and suck it up.

So as of right now:
1) FS Header
2) BS Delete
3) Flexpipe
4) SCT Flasher

Nice little Christmas Present for me and my Baby. If you guys have any advice for the following installations please help out or any information or any suggestions will be more than welcome.

Whats tom's website?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Hate to break this to ya, but you cant do the BS Delete....you dont have a BS inthe first place. Only the 2.3 have them...do you have a 2.3?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
id suggest maybe a TB, and then hit the suspension (if ur not doing cams that is), doing maybe the upper and lower strut bars, and of course some ss brake lines.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
ah. i get so confused when it comes to the whole 2004 pzev/non-pzev thing...if u have a 2.3, then i stand corrected!! BSD away!! [wrenchin]

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya, I have a 2.3 PZEV. I will contact Tom. I have suspension (SIG). I really wanted to do brakes but I really dont want to mess with it with such a limited time before I have to go back to college. I really dont want to pay for a big tune from Tom because I will be going FI in the near future. How much does tom charge for his tuning services?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unless F2 releases their supercharger it wont be. Well as of now the header is only 350. I figure if I take it off and sell it here I will get about 150 at least for it. So It might cost me 200dollars in the end. im not to worried about it. I always wanted to try the header out. I promised myself If i made good grades this semester i would award myself. I busted my ass last semester and time to reward myself.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
I would buy the tune from tom. He will send you a lifetime of custom tunes for your hardware. And if you have the money, why not get a tune?
So wait, If I buy the sct hardware from Tom, will he send me custom tunes for a lifetime for free?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
375 Includes the tunning also? R just the flasher? Another question to those out there that have done the BSD, how much more oil does your engine take? Im about to go buy some royal purple.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts