Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
It does a pretty half-assed job of holding my spare change. [hah]

Otherwise, kinda useless...

Most cars have one under the passenger side power window switch too. No idea why.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I keep my change in there for paying tolls.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I use the CD player in the car. i use burned CD-R discs. I keep the current pile of discs in that stupid useless and crazy slot. They flop over, but do stay in there. And then they are right at hand. (I do not care if they get scratched up,)
All I can think of is that it was designed a ways back to hold some sort of cellular phone.??
Otherwise it is just a stupid useless slot.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It holds my bluetooth ear piece. Barely.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I use mine as a place to hold some good luck charms... A purple rock I found as a teenager the day before I met my high-school sweetheart, a Micro-Machines Millenium Falcon figurine I got as a kid I've somehow held on to all these years even though all my others have disappeared, and a turquoise beaded necklace I found hanging under the seat of my first car and have stashed somewhere in every car I've owned since that has to be some kind of good luck because I've managed to maintain a clean driving record even with how I drive... Before I decided to stash those things there I used it for coins or a little trash cubby between destinations.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
I don't even use it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Business card holder, and they do not fit very good.
It is a poor design for anything practical.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I keep my car key separate from my other keys because of its size. When I'm not wearing a jacket I put my keys there so I don't have the bulk in my pants/shorts pocket.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Works very well for me as a place to keep my cell phone.
x2, but i have an old school $10 flip phone. It would be difficult to keep a smart phone in there. But I don't knock the design. I think almost anyone can find some kind of handy use for it. Kind of like the 2 cubbies on either side of the rear seats. My kids use those to put in their toys and stuff. I think the front one is relatively practical, because I used to use my cupholder as a phone holder, and would fumble anytime I needed to actually put a cup in there. >>>$.02

·
Registered
800 Posts
If it wasn't there someone would complain why didn't they use that space for a holder of some sort.!!! Upper trim doesn't have that space and I wish I had it for my house keys or phone or.... HA! SEE???? found a complainer already!!! LOL! All fun guys!(and gals)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Use it for my Nivea chap stick and my add on sirius remote. And not very good job at that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Don't have one on my SEL. Kinda wish I did......I'm looking for a spot to put my cell phone

·
Registered
292 Posts
Cellphone fits there (mine is pretty small, so it works). I do wish there was a better spot (like the drawer in the MK1 Focus) for change. Those little coin holders ahead of the cup holders don't hold much....

1 - 20 of 58 Posts