Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, thought this would be a good idea, maybe someone has done this already.

Post up something you think is little-known or a trivial fact about the Ford Focus ST, or any Duratec Focus in general. It can be technical relating to the engine, audio system, drivetrain, or something about the interior, whatever you want...

Let's hear 'em!

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
um...... trying to remember my friend's......ah! the exhaust system is similar to that of an aftermarket [thumb] and also the brushed aluminum around the gauge face (if I remember that right, lol)

·
Registered
596 Posts
very few made...2005-2007 I believe...should have been numbered IMHO...The leather trim with the suede leather inserts is really cool... and comfy...

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
it looks better with SAP

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it looks better with SAP
Very True

The leather trim with the suede leather inserts is really cool... and comfy...
I almost got one with the leather but opted for cloth with some other nicer options like sunroof and 6-CD changer.

Side note: If the speakers don't say "Sony" on the grilles, are they audiophile by default?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
^^^It does not look better with SAP. Sleeper is better. lol.

Something you don't know huh? well hmmm.... I dunno. There isn't much to know thats different than the 2.0 foci. Other than the motor, rear discs, exhaust, some appearance features, etc. Nothing is drastic.

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
We have variable length intake runners just like the SVT.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Side note: If the speakers don't say "Sony" on the grilles, are they audiophile by default?
I don't believe so... I believe they are the 10w standard factory speakers...but I had an Alpine mrp f450 amp hooked to the fronts in my 05 ses for awhile and they held the power...

still have that amp and that Infinity sub w/enclosure sitting in my bedroon....after the wreck my niece was in it was all that I could salvage...RIP 05 SES [bawling]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
well i have sap 1 then. thats nice to know. the Brakes are a big thing. my brother has a svt and the brakes seem to be the same. they both say lucas on them

·
Registered
285 Posts
I don't believe so... I believe they are the 10w standard factory speakers...but I had an Alpine mrp f450 amp hooked to the fronts in my 05 ses for awhile and they held the power...

still have that amp and that Infinity sub w/enclosure sitting in my bedroon....after the wreck my niece was in it was all that I could salvage...RIP 05 SES [bawling]
The speakers are by Sony and are tuned by sony techs for the focus and this is part of the Sony audiophile system (Based on the Sony special edition focus). It also includes the mp3/6cds in dash dec w/ the sub. Which really kicks !

·
Registered
285 Posts
Here's a couple of bits of info
The Focus ST is a special order code 800A
The ST's 2.3 is only available on the ST and is different from other models and earlier foci.
The interior has the Leather wrapped with Red line stitching on Steering wheel and Shifter.
The center stack is Carbon fiber look (Ford calls it metal mesh)
The instrument panel surround is aluminum
The seats and interior trim are either (Charcoal cloth with red inserts or Charcoal leather with Charcoal suede)

on another note... Isn't time for Focusfanatics to have a separate N A focus ST... Thread - so we can easily get this type of info?

·
Registered
199 Posts
not specific to the ST but do you know about the odometer computer trick. hold down the trip reset button, turn the key to run position while holding down. when you see the word test on the odometer you can now press the button to cycle through all kinds of features like digital tack, fuel pressure, engine temp, digital speedo, .....

1 - 20 of 52 Posts