Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Steeda retrofit swaybar kit. This kit makes it a bit of a pain to grease the bushings, and my last application of grease didn't last very long. I got to wondering if an application of teflon on the bar itself might prolong the service life of an application of grease?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I did not think you were supposed to grease sway bar bushings. But, What you could try is teflon tape. Not the kind for pipe threads, the stuff I am thinking of is considerably more 'heavy duty'. Just a thought!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i think the only sway bar bushing you don't have to grease are the ones from h&r. all the other brands usually provide you with grease for the install.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Oh! Ya, he did specify aftermarket. The OEM bar specifically states do NOT grease. My mistake.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Yeah most bars you grease except for the H&R ones who have Teflon bushings. I have one up front on my car and absolutely no squeaking which is nice.

I doubt you would find any kind of teflon tape or whatnot that would keep in place let alone work well with the Steeda rear swaybar. The twisting forces applied to that area of the bar beneath the bushings are incredible and getting anything to stay there, let alone a tape of some sorts would be impossible. I would just bite the bullet and get the grease and do it up. You shouldn't have to grease it more than once a year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts