Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
Looking nice andre... May I ask, whats next in the plans?

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
Sweet... Is there a place you can get tint/vinyl and just DIY it?

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
Cool... Oh, if you gonna try the diy for either, a heat gun will be your best friend... But honestly, both are easy peasy to install... Vinyl is just a matter of tacking to the flat surface, then using small amounts of heat to stretch or shrink to fit the rest of the contours.... Tint is similar... Start on the outside, using heat to shrink the edges so it lays flat, then peel and stick... Theres a really good vid on it on youtube, ill see if I can find it.
Sorry for ranting, vinyl is CHEAP.... Like, i picked up the remainer of a roll of 12" wide stuff for like $30CAD, and even with everything ive done so far, i still have like 6ft left... Ive only used like three feet, MAX...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Cool... Oh, if you gonna try the diy for either, a heat gun will be your best friend... But honestly, both are easy peasy to install... Vinyl is just a matter of tacking to the flat surface, then using small amounts of heat to stretch or shrink to fit the rest of the contours.... Tint is similar... Start on the outside, using heat to shrink the edges so it lays flat, then peel and stick... Theres a really good vid on it on youtube, ill see if I can find it.
Sorry for ranting, vinyl is CHEAP.... Like, i picked up the remainer of a roll of 12" wide stuff for like $30CAD, and even with everything ive done so far, i still have like 6ft left... Ive only used like three feet, MAX...
Yeah, I did the Vinyl Tint on my tails and on black vinyl on all my trim, So I may do it myself if I can't find a place with a decent price

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
I love the roof... It looks particularily good on white!

·
Registered
35 Posts
How difficult was it to wrap the roof? I don't have a sun roof, so that helps, but Idk if I could tackle it myself. It's either that, or pay 180 for a shop here to do it. That's 180 out the door with some 3M black "self healing" wrap.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
How difficult was it to wrap the roof? I don't have a sun roof, so that helps, but Idk if I could tackle it myself. It's either that, or pay 180 for a shop here to do it. That's 180 out the door with some 3M black "self healing" wrap.
It's not that hard, especially if you can find another set of hands, The worst part is You have to Undo part of the head liner to remove the antenna to be able to lay the back down good, That said, If Any place around here would have been as low as 180, I would have had it done, Everywhere by me wanted 220-350

·
Registered
35 Posts
The highest I got was 220 with carbon fiber wrap. They charge an extra 20 for a sunroof, but that's not a problem I have to worry about. I'm just curious because I think the size I need ran 30-40 bucks, versus 180 for the professional job. But at the same time I would have no idea how to remove the antenna.

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
Think (and andre will correct me if im wrong) it just unbolts... That said, DIY is always significantly cheaper than paying someone, even if you have to go and buy a heat gun... Good quality vinyl is easy to lay down, just take it slow, only peel as you need, and don't be afraid to use alittle heat to get it around the contours...

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
looks good man!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Think (and andre will correct me if im wrong) it just unbolts... That said, DIY is always significantly cheaper than paying someone, even if you have to go and buy a heat gun... Good quality vinyl is easy to lay down, just take it slow, only peel as you need, and don't be afraid to use alittle heat to get it around the contours...
Yes and No, You have to undo the back half of the headliner to get to that bolt.....after that it does lol
looks good man!
Danke'

61 - 79 of 79 Posts