Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems with my transmission. Too various for a rebuild so I figured I'd just replace the whole thing [:p]. I'll also be doing some odds and ends to getting the Focus back up to somewhat par. The main thing though is that I'm gonna need some massive help with the tranny install. Any and all who want to cruise out to help is welcome to beer and pizza between the 1st and the 7th of Feb. Thats when I'll be taking my vacation to do this.

I'm out in Buckeye, so I'll understand for the small count of heads...lol

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
I'd help if not for the 8 hour drive. Good luck tho Trav. It's easier then you think. Took Josh and I about 12 hours(took a while to get the axles off until I just decided to drop the control arms [:D]) to change out my clutch so I'd imagine just changing out the tranny could be a 3-4 hour job just by yourself but is so much easier with 4+ hands man-handling that heavy tranny.

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean 8 hour drive Lee??? It's a straight shot down the 10. Only a 4-5 hour drive [:D]

Well, as it looks like it's just going to be a clutch/flywheel swap. I just don't feel comfortable grabing a used tranny and getting the problems the other guy had. Buying a new one is just too much. So for now, what I'll do is swap the fluids, put in some Lucas sycro fixer uper (dunno the real product name), switch the clutch/fly and do other odds and ends. Like dampers, clutch master cylinder, etc.

Believe you me this is on [;)]

·
Registered
215 Posts
Keep me posted i would love to help and meet some of the guys on here.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
What do you mean 8 hour drive Lee??? It's a straight shot down the 10. Only a 4-5 hour drive [:D]
Ok drive out here then since it's so short and we'll change it here.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
where do you live, ill help ya the only thing i can only help you pull it out
because i live 3 hours from ya!btw do you need jack stands or a high lift?

i did this same thing to a ford f-550 and man its poop in your hand ,so yeah
let me get your street adress!

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As it stands, the tech day is cancled. Just wont be able to get the parts in time [:(]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
heyhey. You're closer than I thought. It's just a one tank trip... if I don't get bad gas [;)]

·
Registered
199 Posts
Shammy , try Safeway gas, I run it exclusivly w/ no problem. Ok, I work for Safeway but the gas is upper tier.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts