Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question for all you car junkies....i drive a 2001 zx3 , i bought it less then a year old and love it...its been lowered(original owner) and possibly some engine upgrades...i've had some friends drive the car and they're all in agreement that it isn't stock...how would i know whats been upgraded? i keep hearing about "chip" upgrades....and how do i know if its been done? any help would be appreciated as i am lookin to sell the car and would like as much info as possible.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
The chip would be a located on the ECU, pull out the glove box.
Does your stock air-box look like black plastic, or polished or colored metal?
Could have an aftermarket air intake or something.

New to the focus?
Welcome to the FF Forums, and enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
ECU is the Engine Control Unit. It is the brain of your car. If the car has a chip, it would be on the ECU. Does the car have the factory exhaust and intake? If both of those are stock, then I wouldn't think that anything aftermarket would have been done. Most people start with the exhaust and intake. In fact, the chip wouldn't really do a lot (it would do some, not a lot) without a different intake/exhaust, or other mods.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Another thing you could do is take a picture of your engine and post it on here. We can pin point (at least the noticable ones) parts that are not stock (aftermarket).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts