Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's time for a tech day. Just need to know what dates work for everyone and where you want to have it. My house is always available. -Cliff

·
Registered
405 Posts
I usually have sundays off only, but I'm down for a meet/tech day.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm down, I have some new sways to install. Let me see how long it will take to get some poly bushings for it delivered and I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
If you all do it on the 24 I may be able to make a vist

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
The beach show is the 27th so this the week before is good for a preparation for it. Ill swing by after work. Im saving the day off for the 27th. Ill have most of my changes done by then anyway.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about the following dates: 7-30, 8-6,13,20. Let me know. I can't do any Sundays so it would have to be on any of those Saturdays. -Cliff

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
I suggested to get some fabbed up. I had the add a bar brackets before they are to close to the center and u don't get proper sway out of it. Do it right and do it right the first time[thumb]

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
I suggested to get some fabbed up. I had the add a bar brackets before they are to close to the center and u don't get proper sway out of it. Do it right and do it right the first time[thumb]
The only way to do it right is get a subframe with the brackets already welded on.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Yup u can fab up some brackets and weld it on. 1/4 plate is good that's why he wants some pics of cars with them

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Yup u can fab up some brackets and weld it on. 1/4 plate is good that's why he wants some pics of cars with them
Gotcha slate if you want you can stop by my house to take some pics of my rear subframe

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
That way it will bolt up like a factory one

·
Registered
728 Posts
I was talking to Cody and they sell the Steeda brackets which mount fairly inboard of the bars ends. What he said would be best is find a shop that will weld attachment points like the stock ones that come on upper trim levels, and get the brackets from Steve at Tousley. Should end up being half the price and will take full advantage of the length of the bar.

I didn't read the whole convo before I replied.....oops. Sorry for explaining everything you just explained :).

I would love to come by some time. Does anyone know a good shop? My grandpa has a welding kit but idk how to weld and don't even know if the kit is good anymore.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Slate, Stilix got his brackets welded on. I believe any Muffler shop could do it for you.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts